Sign in to follow this  

05 crf250r...270kit jetting update

Last night I took her to the local track for open practice, she got a total of five 20min sets.

Practice one with a 180 main and fresh air cleaner no problem.

practice two the same

practice three after the track started to dry out she noticed a little pop right before it came to the end of the gear and hit the rev limiter, I didn't touch the jetting.

practice four the track was very dusty, she said it was getting worse at the top of the gear. I then rod the bike and felt a small fluter right before you hit the rev limiter at the top of the gear, I then dropped the jet to a 178 and I rode it again, 3/4 throttle and up it would fall on it's face so I put the 180 back in it. One thing I decided to check after putting the 180 back in the bike was the air filter, the filter was getting very coated with dirt, I told her to finish up the final practice and we would work on the jetting later.

practice five she said it did good ten laps into the practice and then the hotter it got the worse it got, I checked the filter again and it's pretty coated by now.

So is the jetting so close with a 180 that I need to mess with the needle or keep a fresh filter handy.

Another thing she noticed is that she was running out of gear on the 70ft triple, will changing the gear affected the jetting if it's this close.

i think its still rich on the mainjet.

but as a test,lean the needle 1 clip and see if that cures the issue.