Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using these?

speedbleed2.jpg

I keep having problems with my fork seals leaking. I am about to have them replaced again. (under warranty) Someone mentioned that it could be air pressure build up in the forks forcing fork oil out of the seals. It sounded reasonable to me so I figured these speed bleed buttons could be helpful with letting the air out. What do you guys think?

I smell a lemony-flavored defect.

I suspect improper installation, this will be the second time I have brought them back. I paid top $$ for the Synergy Seals www.synergyseals.com So I contacted the company and they contacted the installer about replacing them again. So we will see how it goes this time.

Sad thing is the best luck with seals I have had is with the cheaper type. I have installed the so called "Leak Proof" and a few other higher priced seals and they all seem to come back sooner than they should.

Couple of quick questions:

1. What kind of conditions doe you ride in?

2. How tight do you strap your bike down for hauling?

3. Do you pop the dust seal out and clean it every few rides?

4. Are you running a oil hieght that is close to maximum?

5. Any nicks or burr's?

:applause:

I wouldnt suggest using any kind of aftermarket seals, other than maybe these synergy things, im checking them out now. Never heard of them. Anywho, the leakproof ones, and any other aside from OEM are junk. We never let anyone in our shop put them in anything, because we know theyll be back and wanting it done again for free.

speedbleed2.jpg

I keep having problems with my fork seals leaking. I am about to have them replaced again. (under warranty) Someone mentioned that it could be air pressure build up in the forks forcing fork oil out of the seals. It sounded reasonable to me so I figured these speed bleed buttons could be helpful with letting the air out. What do you guys think?

I Use Them. They Are Grate. :applause::eek:

It Make Bleeding The Air Out A Snap.

You should Bleed Them After Every Ride . 😛😛

Just one Mans Opinion. 🙂😛

1. What kind of conditions doe you ride in? Tight Virginia Woods either dusty or muddy

2. How tight do you strap your bike down for hauling? Tight but I do shove a basket ball under the fender.

3. Do you pop the dust seal out and clean it every few rides? No

4. Are you running a oil height that is close to maximum? I don't think so

5. Any nicks or burr's? Nope

2. How tight do you strap your bike down for hauling? Tight but I do shove a basket ball under the fender.

How do you fit a basket ball in between your forks? You can't possibly be putting the basket ball between just the fender and the tire. Otherwise your fender would snap.

it's pretty tough to get leaks with synergy seals. sounds like something is wrong. are you riding in crazy quick-drying mud? are you getting frisky with the pressure-washer?

why on earth are you paying someone to install fork seals anyway? it's maybe 2 hrs of pretty easy work. heck, when my seals leak i just take the forks apart, change the oil, clean out the seals, and put them back together. takes me 1 hr now from start to finish (including front wheel and fork removal.

mw

p.s. i use the speed-bleeders but not to prevent leaks. my 300exc forks pump up pretty bad over a few hours of riding, and relieving the air pressure makes them ride properly. also i ride with lots of big altitude changes.

3. Do you pop the dust seal out and clean it every few rides? No

i had a problem with one of my fork seals leaking when my bike was just a couple months old. i popped the dust seal out and cleaned it and havent had another problem out of it. just take the dust seal out and run a business card under the oil seal to get any dirt out, and put a thin layer of grease between the 2 seals. i didnt use a card to clean my oil seal when i cleaned mine, but my brother always does that on his bike.

when i first put it back together i had a little of the grease between the seals come out and it looked like oil, but after a few minutes of riding it quit.

tommy