Sign in to follow this  

Clinking noise from chain area

I just got my sikk 125 yesterday and today when I was riding it there is alot of clinking noise coming from the chain area. The chain isnt really too lose or too tight but a guy at sikk told me to keep it a little loose. Should it be kind of tight because it saeems when it was tighter it wouldnt make that noise?

do you think the chain is too loose and jumping the sprocket?

if so, tighten it

is the chain free of kinks?

i cant really see what you chain looks like from here.... :applause:

the most probable cause of the noise is the chain guide... the chain, when it is relieved from the stress, hits (bounces around in) your chain guide, and makes a clank noise... this is what my chain does on my KLX110... this is what your leading me to believe.... check it out! :applause:

Its the swingarm slider. The chain bounces off it when you are lugging the motor which causes a clanking sound. Nothing to worry about.

chain slap, tighten your chain, or lube it or both!

if it has an auto tensioner on it like my motovert it can be that the tensioner is ushing the chain onto the swingarm and that is wats making the noise, my motovert did it till i figured out what the noise was.

that bike has tensioner and that is normal!! just make sure the chain has no play in it and the tensioner isn't all the out or all the way in!! u will be fine!! lube that chain it will take some of the noise out!! but u will never get rid of it all the way!!