Sign in to follow this  

What Yami for 06 are you buying?

What Yamaha will you be purchasing in 06?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. What Yamaha will you be purchasing in 06?

• YZ250F
    • YZ250F (Yellow Edition)
    • WR250F
    • YZ450F
    • YZ450F(Yellow Edition)
    • WR450F
    • TT-R250
    • TT-R230
    • TT-R125L/LE (TT-R125E)
    • TT-R90E
    • TT-R50E
    • YZ125/YZ250
    • PW50/PW80
    • Another type of Yami
    • I will be keeping the bike I currently have.

06 YZ450F Yellow and TTR50E for me. Thanks Mark

I'm keepin my 02 250f, no money at all for a new one.

After all the money I've spent on my 02 I can't see buying a new bike and starting all over again!!

I am keeping my '02, but the new style is very very tempting. Not irresistable though.

Yellow...sooo...pretty....no tank graphics...so practical...aluminuuumm (drool)...slap back to reality :applause:

Hopefully I'll be styling with the yellow 2fiddy! :applause:

Sticking with my 05' at the moment. Only has 400kms on it so far. Would love a new YZ250F though. Maybe when i win the lotto. :applause:

im gettin the 250f but i am really sad it didnt lose any weight, who cares if it has a lower center of gravity, and now the aluminum frame seems like a frivolous accessory, too bad cause the 125 dropped so much weight last year i was hoping to have the 250f do the same thing. i could ride an 05 with the steel frame just as good as with an aluminum one more than likely but we'll see

im gettin the 250f but i am really sad it didnt lose any weight, who cares if it has a lower center of gravity, and now the aluminum frame seems like a frivolous accessory, too bad cause the 125 dropped so much weight last year i was hoping to have the 250f do the same thing. i could ride an 05 with the steel frame just as good as with an aluminum one more than likely but we'll see

You'll be suprised how much that lower center of gravity will help you in corners. I thought the 06 did lose a few lbs, but they didn't update the specs on thier website or something?

I thought the same as your RiderX. Besides, the aluminuim handles better. (With the flex). And the suspension is so much better.

maybe it will turn better, but the bike i have now has the suspension done, forget it im goin two smoke

I thought the same as your RiderX. Besides, the aluminuim handles better. (With the flex). And the suspension is so much better.

You have that backwards, the steel frames flex (that's the beauty of steel, it bends but won't break), the aluminum frames don't flex as well and are stiffer.

Ride your steel framed Yamie then go ride an aluminum framed red bike, you should be able to feel the stiffness when going through the whoops or breaking bumps from the red bike - I could tell a difference, not sure if it's the suspension or frame but definitely more rigid (I've ridden more than 1 red bike and they all seem a little stiffer than my WR)... :applause:

so that's why when i endoed into the landing of that double on the gatorback supercross track the paint flaked off from the front motor mounts -flexin baby damn that also made my neck flex- my neck and my frame were flexin'