Sign in to follow this  

Quarry Run, Hancock, NY

Anyone interested in doing the Quarry Run, Dual Sport event on July 23 & 24 in Hancock, NY. Hancock is located at state line between NJ & NY. The event is 2 days long, but you can do just one day. Great trail riding for all levels of skills. Each hero section has bypasses for guys on GS's, so one can taylor his ride to his liking. Each day is $45.00 with food & camping available. Also motels are near by. Must be AMA member. Bikes must be street legal with paperwork and sound test might be given.

I am going for it on my 05 400S. I recommend knobbies. I plan on doing both days and i'll be leaving CT early Saturday AM (around 4:00 am).

Here is the link: www.bearcreeksportsmen.com.

A joyful happy trail ride for everyone. Don't miss this one. :applause:

this is a great ride, I'll be going again.... Buy it's on the NY PA line, about 30 east of Greek Peak Ski mountain and 97 miles west off the NY Thruway rt 17 exit just passed the first toll booth...

I was planning to ride it for the first time this year. My 03 S model has 14/45 gearing but I have a 14T CS if necessary. Would you guys who have ridden the event recommend that I drop down to the 14?

I was planning to ride it for the first time this year. My 03 S model has 14/45 gearing but I have a 14T CS if necessary. Would you guys who have ridden the event recommend that I drop down to the 14?

I rode it the first time with stock S gearing 15/44, now I have on 15/47 and will likely stay there unless I find time to change it out...

Hey Joe, are you joe from Medford lakes ? ECEA ? yup, i'm the same Bob.. I think i figured out my suspension probs... what kind of riding do you do out in the pines ? i'll go w/ you sometime if you want, but i'll be upfront that i'm not a speed demon and i hate single track.. . just a thought... lemme know.. other than that, i love the bike.. it rips in the dirt.

Hey Joe, are you joe from Medford lakes ? ECEA ? yup, i'm the same Bob.. I think i figured out my suspension probs... what kind of riding do you do out in the pines ? i'll go w/ you sometime if you want, but i'll be upfront that i'm not a speed demon and i hate single track.. . just a thought... lemme know.. other than that, i love the bike.. it rips in the dirt.

Bob the Med Student???? Got your email, and sent a reply.... What did you do??? Living around here, single track is about all there is... Learn to lovve it...

Joe,

thanks for the feedback. I still haven't decided if I'm going due to my ever changing work schedule but I'm hoping for the best. My riding bud cannot go that weekend, and I may have to bail too as it is not advisable to go alone in case of trouble (well, at around 50 years old, these things cross the mind). I did make the DS ride in the S. Jersey sand on fathers day though, and it was a blast-except for the deep sugar sand anyway.