Sign in to follow this  

525 EXC oil quantity !

when i change the oil&filters to my 525 EXC i put 1,45 l oil. and the manual say 1.2l. when the engine is cold the level is at middle of sight glass.

it`s a big prob ? i should to throw out oil ? :applause:

thanks

You are doing it right. It usually takes me between 1.4 and 1.5l of oil when I change the filters. Just to be sure, start your bike up after an oil change and let it run for a little while. Then shut it down and let it sit until the engine is cool. Check your oil on a level surface with the bike off of the stand. Your oil level should be between a third to half way up the sight glass when cold.

Just got a new '05 525 EXC and was told to change the oil after 2 tanks of gas. The dealer told me to use regular oil until the bike breaks in and then switch to synthetic oil as the manual calls for. Does this sound correct?

KTM 525 EXC

Yam WR 400F

I wish the dealer told me that when i bought my 2005 525 exc .It would save me lots of money. The motorex oil is not cheap at 45 bucks a gallon plus oil filters :applause: Can't wait until the warranty expires in two years Then it be what ever is less expensive Mobil 1 or rotella :eek:

Just got a new '05 525 EXC and was told to change the oil after 2 tanks of gas. The dealer told me to use regular oil until the bike breaks in and then switch to synthetic oil as the manual calls for. Does this sound correct?

KTM 525 EXC

Yam WR 400F

I believe Motorex synthetic oil is what comes in your bike when it is new. I have been told that using synthetic oils for break-in is OK for modern four stroke engines. As a matter of fact I know of five new KTM's besides mine that were broken-in with Motorex synthetic oil and all are running perfectly.

Maybe the dealer was thinking of the fact that the first two oil changes are after only a brief period of riding. Kind of a waste to use expensive synthetic for the breakin. He may have been trying to save you money. :applause:

I wish the dealer told me that when i bought my 2005 525 exc .It would save me lots of money. The motorex oil is not cheap at 45 bucks a gallon plus oil filters :eek: Can't wait until the warranty expires in two years Then it be what ever is less expensive Mobil 1 or

rotella 🙂

How did you get a 2 year warranty on a 525 EXC?! :applause:

When I bought my 450EXC, the dealer told me then that the manual is wrong for oil Quantity, would be closer to 1.5 liters.

How did you get a 2 year warranty on a 525 EXC?! :applause:

Some special that ktm credit had going if you finance through ktm credit witch is ge money bank that you will get a two year waranty zero intrest zero payments for one year.Might have been a bribe that the dealer was using to draw business.