Sign in to follow this  

Crash destroys my Radiator!!!

I crashed at our county fair race last night and got home this morning and looked at my bike and found this

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/itch1234/DSC00238.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/itch1234/DSC00239.jpg

Yuck!!

So does anyone know where i can find a replacement radiator for a fair price and would metal radiator braces prevent this from happening again and if so which brand do you guys recommend?

Thanks ahead of time :applause:

Itch

braces would have prevented that, check out flatlandracing.com they have good prices and work amazing. Is your radiator leaking or is it just tweeked?

So does anyone know where i can find a replacement radiator for a fair price and would metal radiator braces prevent this from happening again and if so which brand do you guys recommend?

A good set of braces would have prevented that. People have been happy with the Flatlands, Rooster, and Unibiker guards. I have heard some bad things about the Works Connection braces, but I have seen them in person. I've used the Flatlands and the Unibiker, and both companies make a good product. I personally prefer the Flatlands Racing guards because of their customer service.

hell i do that to mine all the time,

you can tweak it back with your hands,

and if you develop a leak just weld it up and run em baby.

i kinda have to use my knee braces and my shrouds and rads to grip the bike real hard and when i really screw myself and overjump something i have to take some of the hit with my tank,knees and rads, and just riding the bike i kill and bend the rads around and smash them,

you can always fix them and run them !!

hell i would be happy if mine looked that good after 3 or 4 track days,

please tell me you did not cut that hose to get the rad off :applause:

A good set of braces would have prevented that. People have been happy with the Flatlands, Rooster, and Unibiker guards. I have heard some bad things about the Works Connection braces, but I have seen them in person. I've used the Flatlands and the Unibiker, and both companies make a good product. I personally prefer the Flatlands Racing guards because of their customer service.

Well... I did the same thing to my left side rad a couple of weeks ago. Mine was split though, but not leaking.

I was going to buy mine from servicehonda... but I get a discount at my local dealer on parts. It was basically the same price... about 115 or so.

There is also a few on ebay right now Also about 115 or so.

As far as the braces go. I have the works connection braces. The left brace got mangled :applause: . However... I sent it in and they sent me a brand new PAIR for free. So now I have an extra RIGHT side brace for when I mangle that side :eek: .

please tell me you did not cut that hose to get the rad off :applause:

it was torn so it didnt matter

it was torn so it didnt matter

ok i feel better now,life is back in order, i have had that happen to :applause:

i am just queer about that stuff, i had the one nice kid that was working for me, and he was really coming along but he would always just cut stuff like that to get it appart , and it would just kill me.

i know its stupid but i just hate wast, and problems caused when you cant get or make a part fast enough , that was an unnecessary self generated problem!