Sign in to follow this  

Tires

I have a 2004 crf 150 and i do a lot of trail riding with it. I need lots of traction because the area i ride in floods very easy. But in order to get to the trails i have to go on kinda alot of street so i need a tire that will not wear down really easy on road but will have good traction in mud.

Whats a good tire for this?

my d756 has held up pretty good, i avoid the road as much as i can tho and when i do i try to stay in the grass on the side of the road

A universal might be an option, but id go with a Kenda Millville. its a very good mud tire.

MT18's are what came stock on the 2004 CRF150's and they do not work well in muddy conditions. The knob height reminds me of a half worn out tire and unless the kids were constantly at wide open throttle spinning the tire it would not clean. We tried them at pressure from 15 to 10lbs. We went with 773's and the neighbor went with MS2's. Both of our kids are now happy.

I'd try a Kenda trackmaster rear or Maxxis it. My favorite tire for the mud,ect. is the Micheline s12 but they aren't cheap and the pavement will round off the knob edges fairly quick. They might be worth a try on a lighter bike like the 125.

S12 M12 combo for me:thumbsup:

They don't make the S or M12's in the smaller size to fit the CRF150's or they'd be running S12's F&R or S12 rear/M12 front.

Maxxis is the only way to go. I have discovered that they last a million times longer then any dunlops and have great hook up in watever condition. You cant go wrong with Maxxis