Sign in to follow this  

Carb cleaning tips??????

Ok, for years I've been trying to find something that use to works as good as the old "Parts Dip" and now I can't even find the new "Parts Dip". Does anybody have a ticket on cleaning old carbs?? Don't say anything you can get at Pep Boys or any auto chain, I've tried them all. I'm not talking about carb cleaner and a brush, I mean someting that makes the carb look as good as new inside and out, just like the old Parts Dip used to. I'm thinking muriatic acid or something. I had some mag cleaner that worked once, but the last stuff I used turn the aluminum white. Did the EPA outlaw everything that works??? :applause:

They did in California. The stock name you're looking for is Berryman's. Try a racing shop. Sometimes they have the good stuff still laying around. I wouldn't use Muriatic acid. It will completely eat the aluminum. Muriatic acid can be used to clean galled aluminum piston off a steel cylinder, so it will definitely eat your carb. :applause:

I found it on the Berryman's website!! Thanks!!! :applause: They have a special Chem dip for california, which is the crap we've been getting for about 20 years. But they sell the other stuff for the other states. Next time I go to Arizona or Vegas, I'll pick me up some out of state stuff. :eek:

I found it on the Berryman's website!! Thanks!!! :eek: They have a special Chem dip for california, which is the crap we've been getting for about 20 years. But they sell the other stuff for the other states. Next time I go to Arizona or Vegas, I'll pick me up some out of state stuff. 🙂

Yeah, Cali seems to be screwed up when it comes to that toxic kinda stuff. :applause:

Use YAMAHA carb cleaner. Disassemble and soak in a 1/2 and 1/2 with gas. Leave overnight then blow with air and wash off cleaner with water before disassembaly. Nothing you get anywhere else can touch this stuff, it is by far the best. Dont do it by the directions cause it wont work. Use it how i just said. Make sure everything is disassembled or it wonk work. You can even rebottle it and reuse it multipul times.