Sign in to follow this  

sputtering problem when riding wheelies

I just finished doing intake and exhaust modifications on my CRF150.

115 main

42 pilot

full power needle

snorkel removed

BBR exhaust

My bike runs great, aside from some bottom end loss that I tried to cure with dropping a tooth on the front. I mainly use this bike as a stunter. My question is this:

Everytime I ride vertical wheelies, circle wheelies and coasters, my bike starts to sputter pretty bad. I've heard that there is a way to adjust the float to fix this. Can anyone please give me detailed instructions on how to fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

try a 110 main jet that the bbr pipe came with it runs fine for me

Dude!! Thanks! I still feel a little bit of a sputter sometimes, But it was a HUGE improvement. Do you remember what your air/fuel screw is set at? I'm at 1.5 turns out. Can you think of anything else that can smooth things out? Again, Thank you!!

My bike runs great, aside from some bottom end loss that I tried to cure with dropping a tooth on the front.

Turn the fuel screw out 1/4 turn at a time till it feels strong on the bottom end again. It's probably a tad lean on the bottom.

JFK was a good man.

Democrat leaders of today give aid & comfort to terrorists. Shut your hole Ted!

hhahahahahhaha :applause::eek: hahhaha

is your snorkle out, i had the same problem until i took the snorkle out and now their much easier to ride, i was surprised with the difference i didnt want to do it at first but then i took it out and made a huge improvement with wheelies