Sign in to follow this  

klx dynojet

i have a 05' klx300r... i've done all the free preformance mods. plus added an after market head pipe and a FMF silencer.. i have also just installed a

dynojet kit..... my question is..... hs anyone out there done this and what setting wit hthe jet kit did you fine works the best.... 4000' and under riding

i have a 05' klx300r... i've done all the free preformance mods. plus added an after market head pipe and a FMF silencer.. i have also just installed a

dynojet kit..... my question is..... hs anyone out there done this and what setting wit hthe jet kit did you fine works the best.... 4000' and under riding

When I had the CVK dyno kit I was running a 134mj, clip on the 3rd groove and pilot out 2 1/2 and it ran fine up to 5,000 ft. A buddy of mine (and I think most others) run with a 132mj.

Sangair

There is plenty on this but I just did mine last week. It's pretty simple. Here's some steps that are not in the instructions:

1-You will have to remove the seat and tank.

2-Loosen up the clamps so you can rotate your carb or remove it.

3-For the needle you will have to remove the top of the carb and slide; pull out the old needle, put the clip on the fourth notch.

4-Drop in the needle; you have to make sure it seats fully; chances are it will not and you will have to either sand down the needle or just bore out the hole. I used a 1/8" drill bit to bore out the hole and it worked perfectly.

5-Reassemble top and flip to get to the bottom/ Main Jet

6-Remove float bowl

7-Locate main jet, remove and place in 132 MJ.

8-Reassemble and reinstall everything.

9-Fully seat Pilot Jet Screwthen back off about 2.5 full complete turns (im still playing with mine)

10-Fire it up and see how she runs.

Mine is an '05 too. The only thing I have found is that if I just get on the clutch/off the gas when I have been running it has cut out at times. I'm pretty sure it's just my needing to tweak the idle/mixture knob. Aside from that it gets it runing liked a raped ape!

We recently added a head pipe to Brents bike. At 3000 ft it really likes the 135 mj. To rich at 6000 and up though. I think he's changing back to the 132. For your elevation that 134 or 135 should be the ticket. We still have the stock muffler, which may make a difference.

9-Fully seat idle control then back off about 2.5 full complete turns (im still playing with mine)

Bryan, I think you meant to say "Pilot Jet Screw". I take the Idle Control as the big black knurled knob at the bottom of the carb. As a side note, it is often covered by a cap and must be drilled out to access it.

Bryan, I think you meant to say "Pilot Jet Screw". I take the Idle Control as the big black knurled knob at the bottom of the carb. As a side note, it is often covered by a cap and must be drilled out to access it.

Thank you for the correction Bill :applause: . The good thing about making a mistake is someone will come along who is smarter and set you in the right direction. I changed it in my post too. Aside from that is it pretty good directions?

Awesome directions! We'll put your post up with all the other helpful posts that are in our tech section stickies at the top of our forum. You know, just like all the other big boy forums. Right? Oh wait....we don't rate stickies. Never mind. Someone will just have to search for your post burried in the thousands of others next month when they need the info.

Oh yeah, btw, I call stuff by the wrong name all the time. I just figure everyone else is supposed to know what I'm THINKING, not what I typed. 😛🙂:applause::eek: