Sign in to follow this  

Crab Flats

hey guys,

my buddy and i are heading up there this weekend, are we gonna need an adventure pass? were both green stickered with spark arresters (power core 4s) i got the quiet insert on mine, but he doesnt on his klx, u think we should be fine?

also any body got a map with the trail #s? theres an e-z loop i wanna take but dont have a clear enough map to read the trail no. i would like to hit the diffcult spots but its my buddys 1st time out on his klx.

thanks

Yes you need an adveture pass. There are lots of fire roads and jeep trails that are fairly easy. You probably should stay off 1w17. have agreat ride! LT

Being that you cant get past deep creek you might have more fun staging at pinnacles - crab flats to pine flat is mostly fire road. 2no6x to 3n93 is a fun 4x4 trail thats not to bad. There are a few more just out side of pine flat that are mellow. 1w17 isnt to bad if you come down from pine flat to crab flats - all you have to do is make it up the first uphill and its all down hill from there :applause:

devilsholemap77.jpg

--- My Son and I met up with David Gray and some guys off thumper talk

for a ride at Crab Flats. We took 1W17 which is a black dimond single

track (they call it a pack trail on the topo) It wasn't that bad of a

trail but, my son on his XR400 had a real hard time. Real hard. Bike

laying on top of him, off the edge a few times. at least 5 bad crashes

and fell over at least 20 times. Busted up a lot of stuff but, he made

it! Lots of rocks, shale, jagged rocks, switch backs, rocks in the

middle of the switch back, just the normal black dimond trail. He sure

did like the dirt road better :applause:

JWS took pictures of 1w17 and he has them here: :eek:

It was an easy trail for all but, guy's that ride an "L" 😛🙂😛😛 and my son. He wouldn't get off the tank, leg flopping all over, pressure of Dad being there.........He sure did have to grow-up in a hury. He is 16 and has had his XR400 for a year and a half.

That was a real fun trail!

hotrunnin- were you guys staged under the trees befor crab flats?

If not someone had two sticks saying TT on their tail gate:)

Whoa was on an L B?

idint see any body pussing any buttons:D!!!

hey there, yeah i got the TT sticks that was pretty cool i got a kick outa it!! haha we rode around looking for ya but wasnt sure where ya parked, perfect day out there.

wel'll have to meet up sometime.

hey bwb63 that was me and my buddy that rode by you on your way in, i was on the wr450 and my buddy was on the klx with no /ight/number plate.

Ya, I saw you. I should have flagged you down. We parked with miguelitro in his sight. Maybe next time.

whens the next time u guys plan on hittin some trails? it doesnt have to be big bear, just some where outa the heat? we like riding the dez but 108 too hot no bueno.