Was learning for you easy?

I started on a TTR125L. I learned the absolute basics on a quad, but I was still horrible. My dad brought my bike home, we unloaded it and I fired it up and took off with my friends. I basically learned most of it by myself. Actually being able to ride a bike came really fast. Its being good at riding thats the hard part.

I started out on an 1981 RM100 (still have it) and less than a month laster I got a YZ400F (big jump). I rode that till the end of the season (month and a half) and sold it in the spring to get my YZ250F in 2004. I've been riding for just over a year now and I pretty sure I picked it up pretty fast. I am still an avid BMX'r, snowboarder and wakeboarder, so I guess extreme sports come easy.

learing to ride a motorcycle is easy, but being fast is very difficult. dont you hate it when people say they can ride just as good as you and they have never ridden?

Come on, all you do is twist your wrist. You dont have to work to go up hills and going down you just hit the brakes. The motor does ALL the work, anyone can do it, they just dont want to....

I hate when people say that stuff.

yea....i dunno, i started put when i was like, 5 then stopped wehn i was about 10, but now i'm gettin' back into it (i'm 16) and i think i picked it up pretty fast for not riding for 6 years, but i think i picked up pretty quick when i was 5...i dunno can't remember haha

i got my basics on a quad...the only thing about it was it was an automatic and i had never used a clutch before. When my dad bought me my first bike it was for sale about a mile down the road and he payed for it and was like "get on it and ride it home"..i was like "uhhh, i dont know how to use a clutch"...he told me to pulll in the left lever, shift the shifter up like on the old quad and let go of the clutch when im done shifting..and you'll be fine...by the time i got to my driveway i was pretty much already used to it and here i am 12 years later shifting like a pro...well, almost like a pro

Well it just depends on where your ridng... if your just starting and riding on rough trails it can definetly be hard especially if the bike is kinda big.

Any previous regular biking experience should help ALOT though. I would think it would help very very much

I also started out on a 230 and yeah when i first got on it i thought it was easy... I only stalled it one time I think then i got a hang of the clutch... a motorcycle is actually easier to ride than a bicycle which is why bicycle history helps alot... its because a motorcycle stabalizes itself somewhat and its also got an engine, so to ride a motorcycle you have to just pretend like there is no motor and its a bike.

it came easy for me. Now only if going fast was tht easy Id be set

well first you have to set in your mind what is fast... i bet there are people who think that you go fast when you think your going slow.

You never stop learning....you always see riders that are better and quicker than you or do something a little diffrent a little faster.

Plus a fractured pinky and 2 fractured ribs in the first 4 months of the year tells me you never stop learning.

I started on a 82 xl100, it was my grandpa's. I just road it on a field for a bit and then i was fine. Really you just got to get use to changing the gears and your fine. That was when i was like 10 or 12. now im riding a cr125(my own)

My first bike was a TT-R230. My dad just told me to go on and be free. I guess it was so easy for me because iv'e been riding bmx. I skateboard and snowboard too. I didn't crash and i picked it up that day. The next week I hit a 50-footer. And didn't crash. It's an old track right next to our farm. I hit it every day when i would go to change water and stuff. The track is closed but it's on our farm. The track belonged to the guys kid that we bought the farm from. It's awesome cause nobody's there!!!