Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket exhaust

I have a 2005 crf450. The suspension has already been revalved, and there has been some motor mods done also. I have to stock exhaust, but would like to upgrade. I have seen lots of bikes with the White Brothers exhaust. Which ever i choose will be expensive, so i would like to hear other peoples opinions about good aftermarket exhausts. I race at glen helen, star west, and barona in socal.

I have the CHM Titanium on my bike and it worked great and only cost $599 MSRP. :applause:

I have the White Bros aluminum pro and very happy with it,

You have just opened the can of worms again. Dr.D is my choice although I would like to try the CHM pipe that a number of people on TT seem to think is the one to have.

A friend of mine has a White Bros. pipe with the removable screen spark arrestor and it works well. Just ask around at the tracks and keep an open mind.

that's an opinion, not a fact :applause:

true about it being an opinion. the dr d SUCKS with engine mods. i have dyno graphs to prove thanks to burned. the pipe doesnt allow the bike to rev out since its a little smaller. im a huge fan or mrd-racing because hell make a pipe to what you have done to your bike. we (burned) tested the chm sm-1 against my pipe and the chm beat it up top by .4 hp but the mrd had more low end power. PLUS.... if you ever damage it, hell replace for FREE!!!

dan

true about it being an opinion. the dr d SUCKS with engine mods. i have dyno graphs to prove thanks to burned. the pipe doesnt allow the bike to rev out since its a little smaller. im a huge fan or mrd-racing because hell make a pipe to what you have done to your bike. we (burned) tested the chm sm-1 against my pipe and the chm beat it up top by .4 hp but the mrd had more low end power. PLUS.... if you ever damage it, hell replace for FREE!!!

dan

You got any dyno results of the MRD vs. CHM SM1? If I go red again next year, I'm leaning towards the CHM. . .

chm_sm1_vs_mrd_sm_hp.jpg

blue is the sm1 and red is the mrd. my pipe only cost 350... not too sure about the sm1.

dan