Sign in to follow this  

Plan on geting a DRZ400

first off i like to say Hi new to the Thumper talk and liking what ive seen from the site :eek: i have RM250 and '04 ZXR636(witch im selling) i plan on geting DRZ400 sometime soon itll be my street/off road bike ,couldnt really get into the sports bike after awhile it was fun but most the ppl i road with were jackass's ,and i had alot more fun on dirtbikes anyway :applause: well thought id share my thoughts....

Welcome to the best forum bar none.

And you will love the DRZ, great fun on or off road.

Just had a 90 mile round trip, on the tight and twisties.

Sports Bikes are so slow !!!!

Neil. :applause:

The easiest route in most states seems to be to get the S model and modify it for the dirt as you deem necessary. Some states like mine will not issue a title or license for an E no matter what lights or dual sport kit I install.

You will love the DRZ400. I have ridden a lot of off road bikes and I think that the DRZ is an outstanding package. You will enjoy it stock but you can modify it as much as your wallet will permit.

But if you can or don't need to get an E plated it is a much better bike to start with. Only for one reason FCR :applause:

I have a DRZ400S and a new Honda CRF450X. Finances require that I sell one of the two, and I've decided to keep the Honda and sell the DRZ. It's a 2000 with about 4000 miles on it (60% dirt, 40% road). I live in Ohio. If you're within a day's drive and interested in my DRZ, let me know, and we can talk price. I'll be reasonable on price, but I don't want to get involved with trying to ship it anywhere.

how much are u selling the DRZ i live in ohio in dayton ,will be moving to weatfield new york here in a few weeks

I just "PM"ed you on it. I live in Van Wert, so we're only about 90 minutes away from each other. Let me know if you can't open the private message.

I just PMed you on it again. Give me a call at work today if you want.

Welcome to the best forum bar none.

And you will love the DRZ, great fun on or off road.

Just had a 90 mile round trip, on the tight and twisties.

Sports Bikes are so slow !!!!

Neil. :applause:

Just had a 90 mile round trip on a SM. D/P bikes are so slow. :eek:

well once i have the money on hand and the time ill give ya a call right now just getign rdy to move and ill be getign the money from my brother so im not sure how soon ill be getign the money from him plus i still need to put my ninja in the cycle trader ,but im off sunday so maybe we can setup somethign i wouldnt mind looking at the bike and my brother might want the trailer not sure tho he just bought a 93 LX 5.0 ,so ill say somthign to him

I am a future DRZ owner as well. I am just waiting until early spring to pick one up. I have been borrowing bikes for the last few years.

I agree with ac5zo that picking up the 'S' is the easiest route and since I am in Washington state I am not going to fight them over a conversion.

I am just soaking up all the DRZ info on this site.... Best one bar none.

I have been borrowing bikes for the last few years.

I don't know if I'd ever buy one if i could do that.

i have a Q? can the plastic DRZ400E gas tank fit on the DRZ400s i was thinking it would ,but i just thought id ask to make sure

Damager: I can be at home Sunday if you want to come up to look at the DRZ. My number is 419-238-6462. Give me a call by Saturday night if you want to come Sunday. Otherwise I'll probably go riding. By the way, I think the plastic gas tank from the E should fit on the S, but I don't know for sure. I know a lot of guys that have purchased a Clark Gas tank (plastic) but it's not really much lighter than the steel tank on the S, it just holds more gas. I can get about 105-110 miles out of mine before I hit reserve. Usually this involves about 60% dirt riding and 40% street riding.

ya ill let ya know about whats going its still a if on sunday i work saturday night so it might be next week,,,Thx for the warm welcome all :applause: