Sign in to follow this  

Stains, Stains, STAINS!

😛😛 THOSE NASTY STAINS 😛😛 I've tried scrubbing them out, soaking them out, even SHOUTing them out! OK so it was Spray & Wash :applause:

I've contemplated the sexism of asking here but practicality won out.🙂

Did 100 miles in a dust storm of a ride. I can't get the dirt/sweat lines out of my jersey and pants :eek:😛

Last time I wore polyester was in the '80s and I didn't treat them like this 😛

Any suggestions? TIA,

Brian

Oxy Clean works pretty well. Also, you might want to re-evaluate the type of detergent you are using if the sweat isn't coming out! Yuck!!

wear those stains like you would wear medals

you earned them so be proud of them

Oxy-Clean is awesome - my son rode a total mudfest in some brand new gray and white gear. It looked almost new after soaking it in Oxy-Clean & washing it.

I was impressed! Good thing too because the kid seems to love racing in the mud. :applause:

wear those stains like you would wear medals

you earned them so be proud of them

Right? I don't even notice that sort of thing. I wash my gear after I wear it and prefer it to not stink, otherwise it is meant to get d-i-r-t-y (preferably not by me hitting the ground) :applause:

There are some dirt stains that just don't come out. It is like bring a part of the ride with you forever! (Also, spit from 2-stroke exhaust doesn't come out!) But, as for the sweat stains, try soaking in a solution of 50% vinegar and 50% water for an hour before washing.

Simple green works well on fabric stains but the clothes smell too funky after using it. The best bet is oxyclean. It made the Tan carpet in the family van tan again :applause:

Who cares? It's riding gear. Are we trying to win a fashion contest or ride dirtbikes?

Dirt, stains, scratches, and scars show experience and character that you don't see on n00bs and posers :applause:

Oxyclean will NOT work on grease. Mix 1 part Mr. Clean liquid and 1 part Spic'nSpan liquid. Scrub it into the stain, then leave it to soak overnight. Wash it warm (not hot) water, and look at it again. Repeat until it is gone.

I've NEVER had a stain on nylon riding gear survive this mix.

Don't let it dry until the stain is gone.

And I don't know about you, but I don't want a "badge of honor" on my 370-dollar Suzuki jacket. or 120-dollar new pants. A jersey? What the hell. :applause:

I would empty a bottle of hairspray out on them. Just soak them in hairspray before you wash them and watch what happens.

I would empty a bottle of hairspray out on them. Just soak them in hairspray before you wash them and watch what happens.

I give up... what happens?