Sign in to follow this  

How do all the different handlebars handle?

Is there a huge difference in the way the different styled handlebars handle... or does it just take getting used to going from one to another...

For insance some bars just go straight across with no curves, and some the crossbar is straight but the rest of the bar is curved, and some the whole bar is straight and the grips curve out slightly...

What handles best and why the different styles?

i think bar selection is largely due to preference. a good bar for you must suit your riding position/style, and be suited for you size (taller d0ods need higher rise bars). if you ride harescrambles and/or tight single track trails then a narrower bar is prefered.

it is unfortunate that you gotta drop a c note on set of bars before you can tell if they are the right ones. i guess you can keep swapping out and reselling on ebay till you get something you like.

no one else has any input?
Silver Surfer answered it best. Like tires, grips, helmets, boots, etc..

it's a matter of what you're looking for. You take it from there. :applause:

:eek:

I agree with DP138, the cr high bend is a good overall bend for motocross bars. I have them on my RM250 and love them. It was love at first ride. I am 6'2" and they are just tall enough to be comfy. But again, it's all preference, but i see the cr high bend o a lot of bikes

I think a handlebar handles like a ...... 'handlebar'

OEM Yamaha - Crap

OEM Suzuki - Crap

Oh wait all the Manufacturers come with Renthals now. Bout friggin time. New YZF's come with Pro-Tapers. I like the feel of Renthals. Good Bar.

handlebar selection is all up to u and only u. I have recently tried the factory suzuki bend of pro taper SE bars and i love them. I think that those are my kind of bars. Good luck figuring it out.