Sign in to follow this  

New truck..

I just got back from the dealership, I just bought my first Ford. It's an '05 F150 regular cab longbox XLT 4x4 with the 5.4 V8, automatic and 3.73 rear end. I'm trading in my '03 Chevy reg. cab 4x4 duramax/6spd which I've been driving for the past two years and it's just not practical for what I use it for, it sits parked most of the time and I hate having to start a cold diesel just to run around town with, which is what I end up using it for way too often. The new one should provide as a better run-around, I'm not going to lift this one, so it will be easier loading bikes in and out of as well. It might be a little more expensive to drive on road trips but I think it will be reasonable. The last truck was too expensive to "beat on" so I think I will have a little more fun owning this one, too. Just had to share my excitement of getting a new truck.. It's 700 miles away and I'll be going to get it next Saturday to break it in on the way home. Woohoo! :applause:

Sounds like a good choice for you, but not a good choice considering you went from Chevy( :applause: ) to Ford( :eek: )

🙂

Congrats,

I did practically the same thing last Sept. I went from a Powerstroke F350 to a 5.4L F-150 Lariat, and have been very happy ever since. I was tired of lifting the kids up into it for small trips and walking from the far end of the parking lot's because of our intensely small parking around here. It was an absolutely beautiful truck but I just did not need it. Besides, I was just goofing around one day looking at the new F150's and the dealership gave me an offer that I could not refuse. I had put 50K miles on it and he offered only $3,000 less than I paid for it new, plus I got the new F150 at X-plan pricing. :eek:🙂😛

Brand new my 6.0 was getting @ 17MPG but after my add-ons it shrunk to @ 14MPG. I am getting 17 MPG out of my F150 (as long as you keep it under 75MPH and do not pull over 3,000lbs, which I do about once every other month). When I do hook 8,000 lbs of trailer and toys behind it, I just lockout OD and expect to get 12MPG, then everything is fine.

The new F150's are very nice. It has a great ride and super quiet. I can be humming along at 90MPH and literally not hear any wind noise inside. It handles very well and has more torque down low in the rpm range than any other gasser 1/2 ton. So far I love mine and after 30,000 miles I am very pleased with absolutely no complaints and/or problems. :applause:

Good choice :applause:

The Ford F150 is the best half ton out there right now. GM's answer to it is coming in another year or so.

Congratulations on switching to Ford from a Bowtie, you won't be dissappointed.

Congrats,

I did practically the same thing last Sept. I went from a Powerstroke F350 to a 5.4L F-150 Lariat, and have been very happy ever since. I was tired of lifting the kids up into it for small trips and walking from the far end of the parking lot's because of our intensely small parking around here. It was an absolutely beautiful truck but I just did not need it. Besides, I was just goofing around one day looking at the new F150's and the dealership gave me an offer that I could not refuse. I had put 50K miles on it and he offered only $3,000 less than I paid for it new, plus I got the new F150 at X-plan pricing. :eek:🙂😛

Brand new my 6.0 was getting @ 17MPG but after my add-ons it shrunk to @ 14MPG. I am getting 17 MPG out of my F150 (as long as you keep it under 75MPH and do not pull over 3,000lbs, which I do about once every other month). When I do hook 8,000 lbs of trailer and toys behind it, I just lockout OD and expect to get 12MPG, then everything is fine.

The new F150's are very nice. It has a great ride and super quiet. I can be humming along at 90MPH and literally not hear any wind noise inside. It handles very well and has more torque down low in the rpm range than any other gasser 1/2 ton. So far I love mine and after 30,000 miles I am very pleased with absolutely no complaints and/or problems. :applause:

Hey Trailrider, is your F150 4 wheel or 2? Thats pretty decent mileage if its a 4 by.

Congratulations on switching to Ford from a Bowtie, you won't be dissappointed.

u got that one backwards :applause:

Sounds like a good choice for you, but not a good choice considering you went from Chevy( :applause: ) to Ford( :eek: )

🙂

Don't hate the player, hate the game. :applause:

dont hate chevys just cause they are way better than ford

Hey Trailrider, is your F150 4 wheel or 2? Thats pretty decent mileage if its a 4 by.

It is a 2 wheel drive 5.4L auto. I have had a 4WD for so long it just did not feel right so I put a 2" lift on it where it sit's the same as a stock 4WD. Before I put the lift on it I was actually getting 1-1.5 MPG better. Wind resistance is everything in these trucks. I went on one trip where I had to ave. 60MPH because of speed traps and I got 19.8MPG out of a tank, but it is an unfair statement to say I could get it again because that was a rare trip. Every day I have a 30 mile commute to work and I just set my cruise on 68MPH, doing this; I am getting 17.5 MPG running average over the last 1000 miles. For some reason (either cold or winter fuels) this past winter I could get no better than 16MPG. I bought a cold air intake for it and it decreased my fuel mileage. :applause:

I enjoy getting almost 500 miles out of a tank when my buddies 8.1L Chevy gets @ 250. 🙂😛

Overall, I am very, very happy with it. It fits what I need in life right now (until they come out with the 5 cylinder diesel 1/2 ton). :eek:

I enjoy getting almost 500 miles out of a tank when my buddies 8.1L Chevy gets @ 250. :eek:🙂

😛 thats the only way a ford can win the gas mileage debate against chevy.... comparing a half ton small block ford to a HD big block chevy.

The fair comparisson would be a 5.4 ford vs a 5.3 chevy.... and the bowtie will have 3-5mpg on the ford :applause:

😛 thats the only way a ford can win the gas mileage debate against chevy.... comparing a half ton small block ford to a HD big block chevy.

The fair comparisson would be a 5.4 ford vs a 5.3 chevy.... and the bowtie will have 3-5mpg on the ford :applause:

How was that worded as a comparison? It was not meant to be, just facts that I know.

I believe what I know and see with my own eyes in fuel mileage. Everyone is so full of sh#$ about what they are getting and half of the people don't know how to properly calculate it.

It always amazes me to see someone with taller tires talking about their fuel mileage being cut in 1/2. They don't realize that until they calculate the mileage difference on their speedo that they have no idea how far they have traveled on the fuel. :eek:🙂

How was that worded as a comparison? It was not meant to be, just facts that I know.

I believe what I know and see with my own eyes in fuel mileage. Everyone is so full of sh#$ about what they are getting and half of the people don't know how to properly calculate it.

It always amazes me to see someone with taller tires talking about their fuel mileage being cut in 1/2. They don't realize that until they calculate the mileage difference on their speedo that they have no idea how far they have traveled on the fuel. :eek:🙂

😛 just havin fun.

I agree with ya about morons not knowing how to calculate fuel mileage right, seems like 80% of the world never figured out this simple method. :applause:

What's the cheapest rock-bottom price they'll sell a new F150 for? I'm looking for a base model with no bells & whistles.

I would like to have a lil' F150 to zip around town in, and reserve my F350 crew cab Diesel for camping trips.

Hey Cam,

Congrats on the truck!! See ya at Greenstone soon.........?? I will pm ya dates.

:applause: