Sign in to follow this  

Coming to the States on Hols, where to shop?????

Im coming over to the States on Honeymoon in September, Im wondering if any of you guys can recommend any good motocross shops that I can pick up some gear??? The prices are pretty high over in the UK so hoping to save some bucks$$$$$

Staying in San francisco, Hawaii then Santa Monica, any pointers would be appreciated.. :applause:

Depends on if you want hard gear or soft. Chaparral is in San Bernardino which is 1 hr away from Santa Monica. Lots of soft gear [Clothes], helmets, goggles... . Hahm is in Anaheim near Disneyland, same as above. BTO in the Valley,Chatsworth. You may want Just get on the web and find places in or around SoCal and come up with a plan. I live in the OC and still go all over the place, lots of miles. PM me and if I can help I will.

Both Chaparral in San Bernardino and Bert's Mega Mall in Azusa will blow your mind. These places are huge and have tons of gear in stock. Pricewise, you can find much better deals elsewere, but for selection they are great.

Don't bother with any of the shops in San Francisco. The selection will be very limited. However, you will find a lot of leather clothing with spikes and studs in shops that have nothing to do with motorcycles. The largest shop around is in Redwood City, about 30 minutes south, and is only 1/10 the size of the 2 I mentioned above.

rent a car in Santa Monica.

drive to Chapparel.

stop off at Glen Helen on the way back if you have time and if something is going on?

just dont drive before 9 am. and be back at the beach no later than 3pm.

its an hour without traffic....and 4 terrible, polluted, hot, miserable hours accross the armpit of soCal with traffic!

Thanks guys, clothes and any trick bits that would fit in my case would be considered. Im riding a crf250 2004 that takes a beaten twice a week. we're in santa monica for only 3 days but its the last leg of the hols so the missis will be ok with that. When we were away in Barcelona earlier in the year we spent around 50dollars in taxi fares best guessing where shops were only to discover that there was 1 less than 1000yards away from the hotel. doh...If theres anything you feel worth seeing on the way to one of the stores pointers would be appreciated.

cheers