Sign in to follow this  

CDI Box Update

Hi Guys. Good news! All testers will be receiving the CDI Box tomorrow by UPS so be on the look out for it. They will arrive just in time for the weekend so you will all be able to test it for us. My contact information is inside the package so give me a buzz to let me know how they are working. Thanks guys for all of your patience.

I have a quick question for you raceexpert, I just had my bike on a dyno last friday. I have a yosh 11k cdi box that I bought from 411. The dyno showed 10.5k rpms before it would start to sputter. What should I do about it, wait until you guys get it sorted out or contact 411 or what???

Great news! I just moved to eastern Tennesse and the wife and kids are going away for the weekend. Time to head for the mountains! Anyone else going to be in the area?

Great news! I just moved to eastern Tennesse and the wife and kids are going away for the weekend. Time to head for the mountains! Anyone else going to be in the area?

What does this have to do with the cdi box update??? :applause:

Hi Guys. Good news! All testers will be receiving the CDI Box tomorrow by UPS so be on the look out for it. They will arrive just in time for the weekend so you will all be able to test it for us. My contact information is inside the package so give me a buzz to let me know how they are working. Thanks guys for all of your patience.

Will be at least another week before it gets here to "deepest/darkest"...

What does this have to do with the cdi box update??? :applause:

Maybe that came out wrong. It's "great news" that after 4 faulty CDI's, my dilemma is coming to a happy ending. Notice I don't get to ride much anymore?

Stock box is only 10k for the S and 10.5k redline for the E/K. The ones we are talking about are 11k boxes for use with r/d valve spings only.

Stock box is only 10k for the S and 10.5k redline for the E/K. The ones we are talking about are 11k boxes for use with r/d valve spings only.

I guess I should be glad that I am not that mechanically advanced to understand why my bike which runs really good with the stock box should need the 11k box. Probably saves me a lot of money too.

Yup. Spoke to Jenifer at ProCom. At least one other revised box has been called in dead. So the re-do is doo doo. She also mentioned instead of a revision, this time they're going to start from scratch :applause: This is starting to become entertaining. The new package it comes in is much more impressive :eek:

i called her this morning, the one i recieved was a no start. at least my stock box is still ok!

well,at this point im glas my 475 doesnt have any use for the extra rpm or i would be fumed at having a paper weight 11k cdi.

this stuff does make the "real" yosh cdi on prairiedawgs bike like goold.

My 11k...err..12k...err 13k one is still kickin' a$$... :applause: