Sign in to follow this  

Jetting

my family, friends, and i are about to embark on an epic journey to colorado. i was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on what jetting changes i would need to make when traveling from the muddy missouri area to the charming colorado parts. with the altitude being higher than missouri altitudes i was wondering if i could get some help. some heights we go to are up to 12,000 feet. i have a stock 2004 husqvarna TE 250. any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you. ride safe.

umm... sorry that might be in the wrong forum... is there any way to move it to the jetting forum, i just saw it.

if its a TE-250, your in the right forum. A search will on jetting will find around a days worth of reading meterial. Surely someone here up in the clouds (high altitude :applause: ) will speak up

Drop the needle one notch and the main one (if riding up to 8500') to two sizes (if riding up to 12,000'). You should be good to go, or at least very close. 4T's aren't nearly as critical as 2T's on the high altitude jetting.

Make sure to drink plenty of water on your trip. High altitude sickness hits old people, women and children hardest but It will hit you also.

Have fun!