Sign in to follow this  

Looking for stock 400 pipe

I am looking for a stock XR 400 muffler (not head pipe) to quiet mine down. I have a 2000 model and would like to see if anyone would part with theres.

Im currently running a Supertrapp with 5 discs and the air snorkel removed off the box. When going back to the stock pipe where should my jetting be at? Also what is the stock jetting on a 2000 model?

Its hard to believe that no one has a stock pipe laying around with alot of guys running aftermarket pipes.

Hey, how about an FMF Q or a white bros E-2?? I know they are kinda pricey but they do the quiet thing while delivering the performance of most aftermarket systems quite nicely!! Plus they look better than stock as well :applause:

Its hard to believe that no one has a stock pipe laying around with alot of guys running aftermarket pipes.

I think there are hundreds of factory pipes out there. The problem I have giving mine up is that in the back of my mind I know that someday my XR400 with the White Bros. R4 will not be welcome at places. We already have seen signs at riding places that limit DB levels. I like loud because it helps us when we are in deep woods looking for one another. I ride with a buddy that has an R4 on a DRZ 400 and I can't stand being behind him because of the noise. Loud sometimes :applause: Loud other times :eek:

I hear what youre saying but price is a factor so going to stock is the cheapest alternative.

In NJ less sound equals more ground. With the houses creeping up and no where decent to ride legally quiet is the best alternative, Id rather ride my quiet motorcycle than stare at my loud motorcycle in the garage.