Sign in to follow this  

CRF to an RMZ?

I have to admit they are sick looking bikes and they seem like they rip. Im getting new bikes this fall and am actually thinking about switching to Suzuki. I ride the CRF 250 and 450 and i love them but im wondering about the Suzukis. are their any known probs with the 250 or 450?

I've had mine for 4 months and not a single problem or even a valve adjustment. The only thing was that manual tensioner.

I am in the same situation as the person D252. I like the CRFs for handling, etc but I am definitely switching from the CRF 250R because of valve replacement problems. Currently I race the CRF 250R, have raced the CRF 450 am I am going back to a 450. I know the Yamaha is reliable and has no mechanical problems, (my brother and I have had YZ250Fs and YZ450Fs with no motor problems) but am interested in the RMZ 450 so if anyone has additional information about the reliability of the RMZ 450, I would appreciate it.

I like the CRFs for handling,

If you like the CRFs handling you will love the RMZs handling! :applause:

My bike has had no issues at all but I change the oil and filter very regularly..... I have never ridden the CRF450 but this past weekend one of the local pro's took my bike out for a spin and his 1st comment was he never felt so comfortable on a bike... ever. He said he never felt good on his CRF450 but the zook was amazing......

My bike has had no issues at all but I change the oil and filter very regularly..... I have never ridden the CRF450 but this past weekend one of the local pro's took my bike out for a spin and his 1st comment was he never felt so comfortable on a bike... ever. He said he never felt good on his CRF450 but the zook was amazing......

I am so no pro but......DITTO!!!!

Thats funny- I ride with 4 people on 04 RMZ250's and I have one myself, all raced at a C level or higher and not one problem yet with any of them, and I just checked the valves on 3 of them and they were all spot on. I wouldnt say that bike is any less reliable than any CRF

My dads never had any problems with his rmz450, and thats one sick bike. The thing handles better than my crf250, and it has to be the coolest looking bike I've ever seen. Now don't get me wrong, I love my crf250, I've never had any valve problems or anything. I check the valves every 20 hours and haven't had to adjust them yet. I've also ridden an rmz 250 in stock trim and I loved the bottom end power of it where mine was lacking, but I took care of that with a few after market goodies. I hope Hondas fixing that problem for '06.

After reading these comments, especially about it handling as well as a CRF250, I can't wait until the dealer get them. Of course my dad likes hearing about the reliability. I stopped by my dealer and he already has my name at the top of the list to get the first RMZ 450. If all goes well, I will end the MX racing season on it.

Anyone want to buy the 04CRF 250 with the stainless steel valves already installed???

well i must say the rmz 450 is a very very nice well thought out bike,

this will be very good for suzuki,

i have had afew in my shop , all of them have no problems at all !