Sign in to follow this  

Wow, my favorite new front tire...

I just tried a new front tire, a Kenda 776. This is a new design for them and very impressive. It rates with the best I have tried and I am a tire snob and ride a ton. I try lots of tires of different brands and models. Back in the day I liked Dunlops, 755, 752, 756 etc. I also liked the Mich. S12 M12 but found I flatted a lot of S12’s (light weight for off road). Lately I like some of the newer Bridgestones (201/202. 401/402 etc.) and my all time favorite front tire is/was the Bridgestone M59… until the last few rides. This Kenda 776 rocks. Looking at it I was thinking it might not work well as the design is kind of a hard pack looking tire. Works in a huge variety of conditions, hooks up spectacularly and when it does break away it does so very evenly and gently. I guess Kenda hired a top tire designer from Michelin (I think that’s where he was from) to design some new tires, that guy hit this one on the head for me. I ride a lot of off-road races and trails and some MX in Oregon / Washington / Idaho. I am currently on a 04 husky TE450 and this is the bike I tried the 776 on. I ride a huge variety of tight woods, clay, rocks, dez, etc. I tried it in an area that has a lot of variety but did not try it in an area that is muddy as it has been dry here for the most part. Works great on rocks, sand, loam, etc. Have not tried it in good mud or hard pack but I think it will do very well on the hard pack. So far for intermediate terrain this tire is exceptional.

I am very impressed. :applause:

http://www.kendausa.com/motorcycle/dirt.cfm?p=04

I'll have to give it a shot. I am on the hunt for a front tire I really like. I like the Michelin fronts but they do have a tendency to flat. I'll give the Kendas a shot. Have you tried the Kenda 776 rear tire? (assuming there is one)

Great review! I have only tried the Millville rear on my XR650R so far but was VERY impressed with it. Deffinitly going to try one o' these next!

Cool. I've tried a couple different fronts and havn't found one I like yet. I just ordered a Pirelli MT18 for dual sport. The Kenda 776 is also DOT approved :thumbs: . I'll have to try the Kenda if I don't like the MT18.

Lukejt