Sign in to follow this  

Back to basics

I believe most of the problems can be fixed by going back to basics. For instance, when going around a turn, should I:

lean it over streetbike style/ risk traction/ risk hitting my knee on the bar, risk scraping the ground

or

stand it up, quad style/ more traction(i think)/ more comfort/ more likely to high-side/ can't always get weight over to the side fast enough

your opinions??

I believe most of the problems can be fixed by going back to basics. For instance, when going around a turn, should I:

lean it over streetbike style/ risk traction/ risk hitting my knee on the bar, risk scraping the ground

or

stand it up, quad style/ more traction(i think)/ more comfort/ more likely to high-side/ can't always get weight over to the side fast enough

your opinions??

I would agree as long as the basics are the correct basics. Thanks Mark

You win!!!!!! This is the strangest post ive seen.

What are you trying to say. That you know something or want to know something?

If so what is it you know or want to know??

MX is a combination of Balance and Speed.

I want to know if i can practice corners by trying to balance the bike slowly like in an enduro where speed isn't important but balance is.

or

if i have to just gun it everytime while i'm on the track?(practicing speed but only how much the throttle will take)

I would rather practice enduro tecniques b/c my bike doesn't have much power.

Anyone can pull back on the throttle but the balance is what makes it tricky.

Watch the big boys at the Outdoor Nationals. That's how you want to do it. Balanced on the pegs, pinning the throttle, and letting the bike move around under you. When you learn to balance your weight on the pegs while WOT, hard braking, hard turning, railing, jumping, etc., then you'll be good and fast and comfortable at that speed.

It depends what the turn is like. Some your gonna have to lean it over in the ruts, Some your gonna have to flat track style around, and some your gonna have to counter balance.