Sign in to follow this  

400F degrees outside. Time for Elkins Flat Swimming Hole RIDE.

Ok I can take it no more. I'm duct taping my coolant bottle together and staying off the tight single track goat trails. It's time to go for the swimming hole ride day at Elkins Flat.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=USCA0383&par=msnbc&site=msnbc.com&promo=0&cm_ven=msnbc&cm_cat=www.msnbc.com&cm_pla=citywx&cm_ite=extended

Um, you never specified which day you wanted to ride....... geese Bob, your slipping up.

Depending on how small the hole is you could always try JB Weld or soem silicone.

yeah I left it open for now, maybe next weekend or this sunday if I get my bike together in time. Next weekend sounds better.

lets go for Saturday July 23

🙂 Ok Zeke, BFB, YZ, Everyone,

Time to step up! 😛

The pressure is on! THIS is how you get a ride started! 😛

Now.........I'd love to ride someplace else.......someplace new and exciting........but for lack of another option.............and since Bob is gonna try and drown me..............so............If there are no better offers................. :applause:

You don't have to feel overwhelmed or put out, the MOST I've ever seen show up was 16 at Clear Creek, and we just spaced out...........but that was over 2 months in preparation.........not the normal sort of ride. Most rides are 4 or 5 guys tops. One time we had a 15 year old girl show up, and boy could she ride! She kicked Bob's ass! 😛 What a better way to show your stuff!? :eek:

Elkins looks very good right now! 😛

Pray that the Wolf gets a new bottle!

BigBob, this sounds like the perfect opportunity for me to finally get together with all of you guys. I had posted a ride last week for Elkins but did not get any takers, everyone had other plans already I guess. If you guys do not mind a guy just starting out but willing to try anything I would like to make this ride. Where do you get together and what time on the 23rd? :applause:

Ok you won't believe this but there is such a thing as a Permatex Plastic Bottle Repair Kit. Yup just picked one up at my local Krangen auto parts store. It's a simple fiberglass repair kit and it's for auto coolant bottles. I guess there are plenty of morons like me who run their coolant bottle dry and then over heat the engine and steam a hole on the bottle.

I bought some silicone sealant too. The silicone will even out the surface and it's on now. Tomorrow I'll add the fiberglass patch. Then re-install my carburetor and stuff. I should be ready to ride by this Sunday.

NOTHING STOPS THE SKIPPER! WE RIDE!!!!! 🙂

Now ok July 23rd for the Elkins flat swimming hole ride, unless oldedude chimes in and wants to be sunday 24th. we will stage at the cabin. I'll post directions. If the temps fall off, we still ride. we'll be meeting at the somerset store at 730 am. Up to the cabin for an 830 ride start. we do a good 40 miles then when the heat is unbearable we head down for the Big splash-ola. :eek::applause:

if the sleepy boys start to whine or we get bay area riders, we can push the store meet time to 8 am, but no later.

I have commitments on Saturdays the next couple of weeks, but could probably make Sundays. :applause:

By the way, I've heard that the Polka Dots are renewing their agreement on the cabin with the forest service. I would rather not stage large groups from there any more, and there are good places with shade, etc, just another 1.5 miles down the road. :eek:

I might be able to do this ride. The body parts are just about healed from my little headon crash at Foresthill. Now I just have to fix the out of round front wheel and I'll be good to go..

How long does it take to drive to elkins from sac? I'm trying to decide between elkins or G-town for this sundey :applause:

Elkins is about twenty minutes further than Georgetown for you.

:applause: Ok Zeke, BFB, YZ, Everyone,

Time to step up! :eek:

The pressure is on!

Have fun!! Sorry, but I'm a slow azz pusssy wimp that can't ride. You don't want me along. Plus, I don't want to see any of you dudes swiming in your skivies. That's just wrong.

we don't swim in our skivies, only a upper class snobby A enduro racer would do such a thing. :applause: we are the trailer trash of the dirt bike world, we just take off our boots and jump in. The heat drys out your whole gear in 5 minutes of riding out from the swimmin hole anyways.

THE RETURN ON PEAKRIDER!.

Blue One - this EF ride is set for July 24, that is one week from this Sunday. If I manage to get my bike all together I could ride GT this sunday 7/17 too. I'll know by Saturday. The silicone is drying, I'll put the fiberglass patch on tonight. Its a quick cure resin. Friday night I can re-install the tank, put my carb back in and I'm ready to ride.

Depending on weather I might be able to do GT with ya this Sunday if you choose to do it. It would be my last ride on plush suspension. :applause:

:applause: Ok Zeke, BFB, YZ, Everyone,

Time to step up! 🙂

The pressure is on! THIS is how you get a ride started! :eek:

[/i]

Here is the thing slyko. I was thinking of doing a similar type ride up here and that was the weekend we were talking about already. The only reason I didn't start a post about it is that the dust factor is bad enough now that it is no fun to ride with a large group. I WILL (more than likely) ride on Saturday the 23rd. But it will be at my secret swimming hole/ single track/ awesome canyon/ sheer cliff drop off spot. if you still want to come up you can, or anyone else for that matter. I will start as early as possible, head out for 30 miles of single track in the early hours, come back gas up and then ride the mellower stuff out to the swimming hole.

Bob do you take the route up 88 out of Jackson or that long single lane from 50 to get to EF? :applause:

the way I go is up HWY 50 to Mossuri Flat road exit in Diamond springs, then we head out pleasant valley road to bucks bar road to the somerset store at bucks bar road and Mt akum road. we meet at the store then caravan up to EF.

Oldedude will be best to give directions. yes some folks go out 88 to EF. Where are you coming from?

😛 Hey,

I just installed the Fastway's Pegs on my ride! Hehehehe! Looks trick & rides like a Cadillac! 🙂 Little wider pegs to support those size 15 sleds! Add that to my new jetting combo...........and I'm gonna fly! 😛

Did I ever tell you guys the 3 inches story!? :applause:

Peak is coming out again! Wow! Good for you! And there's lots of fresh meat on this trip! 😛

It's Rooster Time! :eek: