Sign in to follow this  

My recent purchase.......

TTers

I recently purchased a 2000 S-Model with 5,200 miles on it for $1000 dollars, and it's in really good shape although it came with no lights whatsoever.

(By the way, thanks to "tagger" for selling me a full set of lights a great price.)

Anyway, I have a question, or 7.

1. Great deal on the bike?

2. Seems to backfire a little when coming off the throttle; normal?

3. Is this a cold-blooded machine(ie she seems to like the full choke start)?

4. Seems to be stock with no aftermarket parts, so what do you recommend for jetting and needle setting?

5. Things to look for that might affect performance after it has been sitting for over a year(already drained and refilled the gas and checked the plug).

6. etc. etc.

The bike just doesn't seen to be idling correctly, seems like it fluctuates up and down in the rpm range. Just doesn't sound smooth. Does the computer need to have a chance to "learn" after not haveing a battery for some time?

Any help is appreciated. :applause:

Thanks,

Dave in Monterey, California

TTers

I recently purchased a 2000 S-Model with 5,200 miles on it for $1000 dollars, and it's in really good shape although it came with no lights whatsoever.

(By the way, thanks to "tagger" for selling me a full set of lights a great price.)

Anyway, I have a question, or 7.

1. Great deal on the bike?

2. Seems to backfire a little when coming off the throttle; normal?

3. Is this a cold-blooded machine(ie she seems to like the full choke start)?

4. Seems to be stock with no aftermarket parts, so what do you recommend for jetting and needle setting?

5. Things to look for that might affect performance after it has been sitting for over a year(already drained and refilled the gas and checked the plug).

6. etc. etc.

The bike just doesn't seen to be idling correctly, seems like it fluctuates up and down in the rpm range. Just doesn't sound smooth. Does the computer need to have a chance to "learn" after not haveing a battery for some time?

Any help is appreciated. :applause:

Thanks,

Dave in Monterey, California

1).Price really good.

2-6) clean the carb.

Read DRZ FAQ at the top of the page.

1. Great deal on the bike?---Yes

2. Seems to backfire a little when coming off the throttle; normal?---Yes, probably. See 4 below.

3. Is this a cold-blooded machine(ie she seems to like the full choke start)?----Yes, normal. See 4 below.

4. Seems to be stock with no aftermarket parts, so what do you recommend for jetting and needle setting?----DynoJet jet kit plus 25 pilot jet and 40 main jet with air box mod. a 3 X 3 (more or less) hole in the top and expose the sealed idle mixture screw and adjust it for best idle

5. Things to look for that might affect performance after it has been sitting for over a year(already drained and refilled the gas and checked the plug). ----Normal tune up stuff. Check the valve clearance

6. etc. etc.---???

The bike just doesn't seen to be idling correctly, seems like it fluctuates up and down in the rpm range. Just doesn't sound smooth. Does the computer need to have a chance to "learn" after not having a battery for some time?----No. It needs carb clean and the DJ kit to cure lean idle. See 4 above.

If you're interested, I'm selling all of my original lighting and blinker assemblies, complete, when I pull it off my SM next weekend.

PM me and let me know if you want factory Suzuki stuff.

You got a great deal and are about to have alot of fun!