Sign in to follow this  

mystery object in my inner tube

i reversed my rear tire today to get some more miles out of it. as soon as i got the wheel off the bike, i noticed something rolling around inside.

sure enough, there's something rolling around inside my tube. i could feel it, but wasn't sure what it was.

i never even took the valve out of this tube, and it could not pass thru stem. in all the times i had the wheel off, i never noticed it.

just something i've never seen before, thought i'd share & see if anyone else has ever seen this.

cut it open and find out! it is probably just something dumb like a ball of rubber though.

it the powder used in the manufacturing process mixed with a bit of water present in the compressed air you used to inflate.makes little marbles.happens all the time.

it the powder used in the manufacturing process mixed with a bit of water present in the compressed air you used to inflate.makes little marbles.happens all the time.

Well, I never knew that. :applause:

But it makes perfect sense, Top marks Burned.😛😛

Neil.

:eek:🙂

The tire talc used in the tube resembles common baking flower any moisture will harden it.

I just switched over my tires from off road to dot and noticed the same thing. I was going to pull the tire back off when I realized what was rolling around had to be in the tube and had obviously been there. So I forgot about it. Interesting to learn what it is.

makes sense. i know i haven't heard anything in there previously. seemed strange to me. nice to know that it's common.

cut it open and find out! it is probably just something dumb like a ball of rubber though.

next time maybe. the tube is still fine & only has 380 miles. object was hard.

will definetly cut it out when the time is right.

i would bet on burned. he's probably seen it all.

Only you Burned!!!! Only you! Awesome.

I've noticed this more with the heavy duty tubes. Probably because the tubes last longer and over time the balls develop more and more.

Sounds like he destroyed the tube bearing race and now his balls are rolling free :applause: