How many guys use the R for off road vs moto?

How many use the R for off-road VS moto?  

515 members have voted

1. 1. How many use the R for off-road VS moto?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
MX only... both training and races

here in Denmark it's forbidden to take a bike like the CRF to the forrest, and it will be taken from you by the police if they stop you...

JEEZ...........and I thought they only had ex Nazi's in California! :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly MX.

I ride through some pretty fast woods trails, and the dunes, but the 450 is the worst Hare Scrambles bike ever. I raced one, and I was at a huge disadvantage against the 250's. I don't know how Scott Summers does it! :banghead:

Why is it everybody that offroads a motocross bike bad mouths the off road bikes? Yet the first thing all the guys on mx'rs do is start modifying there "perfectly good" bikes to match exactly what the off road bikes come with from the factory?!?!

Seem's a lot like saying. "CRAP! I wanted to be cool and buy the race bike, but now I'm stuck with this thing thats terrible on the trail! Better stick to my guns or I'll look really stupid now!"

Better them than me!

Hey BDude, offroad bikes are slower than the mxers even on trails. :banghead: I bought my R thinking it would never see a track. It had lights, flywheel weight, barkbusters etc. before I even got it out of the dealers. I have always thought the thing is a perfect woods bike. I don't know where this stuff about terrible on trails comes from.

10% woods & 90% harescrambles. ( IMO there is a significant difference between a 2-hour harescramble & a leisurely woods ride, LOL )

I have raced both a CR250 2-smoke & the CRF450 in FTR ( Florida Trail Riders ) harescramble series & would have to say the BIG negative so far with the 450 seems to be it's weight. Damn she's heavy... :banghead:

In the 450's defense though, I have only raced it twice & am still coming to grips with the differences between the two. Other than being plagued by suspension woes in long, deep, sandy, rutted out whoop sections - the bike seems to be very competent in all other situations. ( the 250 seemed to be able to effortlessly skim over the top of the whoops )

The four or five times I've had it on a moto-x track the bike absolutely RIPPED! ( That's actually what sold me on it in the first place ) :banghead:

can I ask how many of you guys live up the NE? NETRA Stuff? I ride almost all tight single track rocky stuff. I have an opportunity for an 04 set up for these conditions but I am still worried that it will be too much of a brute and zap the energy really quick!