Sign in to follow this  

New in Louisiana

Hi there,

I just moved from Nj to Louisiana and I havent a clue where to ride my KTM 125 or my ATV Honda 350....

Can you guys please give me some clues?

I am kinda new as well with motocross....used to have a YZ250 when i was 16....well that is 15 years ago :applause:

Thanks guys.....

Ced

Ced,

There are a bunch of tracks around here and all kinds of trail riding too. You can check at the bottom of this board in the "South" forum or there is another board the locals use a little more called MotoXtalk

My web page has a lot of links for the area as well Cajun MX

If you're some where close to New Orleans, I'll be riding at the Spillway Sunday. It's free riding area no "real" jumping but a lot of little hits, a berm track and just some stuff to rail. :applause:

hey Lucien,

thanks so much for the info....i just visited the cajun mx site...excellent!!!

I guess i better get my lil butt ready and come to ride on sunday at the spillway....

Any tips or advices for a nob?

Just bring your gear and ride. If you need there is a small gas station right before the area. You can drop an email on the Cajun MX site if you need directions.

Oh, It'll be pretty f'n hot about 12-3 so were either going before or after that, haven't got everyones input yet.

Where down here did you move to? I live in the Lafayete area. A couple MX tracks close by in Breaux Bridge and New Iberia. For trail riding, Camp Claiborne near Forest Hills (just S/E of Alexandria) is a great area. 90 miles of designated trails. A few other trail riding areas close by in the Alexandria area. You can also camp at these areas. Have fun and welcome to the South. RM Try this link www.fs.fed.us/r8/kisatchie/

Compadres, I'd be down for a Spillway jaunt, but I'm down now for a suspension revalve. Shaggy, just outside of Tyler, TX is doing a plush GNCC revalve job for me front and rear. Hope to have her buttoned back up this week.

I'll be back in operation next weekend but may be heading to ride as much of a 70 mile enduro loop as my body can take just north of Houston with Bandit_9 and one of his buddies from New Orleans.

Once it cools off a bit, we need to rally the troops and head to Coyote Camp, Forrest Hill, Cravens, Camp Claiborne, or Breezy Hill for an easy weekend of dirty jokes and tall tales.

Right now, I wish I were

Dirty

Well i m up for anything.....i m just free on w/e......but keep in mind it has been 15 years that i didnt ride a dirt bike....so i need to go kinda easy...lol

Yeah....Thanks so much Lucien...was so great for a first time Louisiana ride. I enjoyed it after 15 years without riding....Have a lot of fun!! Kinda swore today ....lol

Thanks again for your time with a nob :applause:

talk to you soon

Ced

I'm heading out to Forest Hills Saturday morning if anyone's interested in meeting up there. I plan on getting there at about 8:00am. I'm in Baton Rouge

I haven't ridden a motorcycle there, but I've been there a couple of times.

90 miles of trails, GPS, camelback, and XR400.... Will travel!

Hoping to get in 60 miles this weekend if the old body can take it.

BTW, I rode with DS on the Longleaf trail just south of Nacodish (sp?) and it was a really nice 30 mile loop. A little heavy with non-helmet wearing, beer drinking ATV riders, but overall it was awesome. Not too technical and all double track type trails. Hardest part riding there for me was the sand and the crown in the middle of the trails created by the ATVs.

And it wasn't so hot there due to the elevation and all the trees.

The spillway in Norco is pretty nice too, but its hot there during the day.

Yeah , it was really hot this past sunday at the Spillway...had to take a couple breaks to "cool off"

Sand??? lol....my favorite!!!! j/k....it s kinda hard for a newbie to hit a couple lines filled with sand.....yeah 2 crashes, twice in the sand....figure!!! lol

Zoom-

Longleaf trail with Cantrelle and Bandit sure was a kick the other weekend.

I'm in for this Saturday but have you seen the weather? I have to put the forks and shock back on my bike. I'm expecting everything back from Shaggy sometime on Friday, to reinstall everything Friday eve.

Like we talked about a couple of weekends back, we might should move the wheel chocks on my trailer over to make room for a second bike so we'll only burn gas in my hot rod Mini Van.

We could make some chocks out of 2 x 4's to keep your bike in place.

Give me a ring

Dirty

I've been doing the flat stuff and trail for the last couple rides, probably going to hit one of the local tracks Sat or Sun.

Dirty, did you get your suspension back and installed? Drive around the block a couple times to test it out? :) oops just saw your post... let us know how the suspension turned out. :applause: If you need some tweaking, the guy over at Racing Innovations is awesome and can help you out. Knows his stuff, works with you, and will always give you a hand when you're out at the track. :eek:

Hey guys...

Anyone riding this w/e? I need more practice and sure need to ride with guys who excell in the MX art :applause:

If you dont mind to drag a newbie around, please add me in the party :eek:

Ced :)

Hey guys...

Anyone riding this w/e? I need more practice and sure need to ride with guys who excell in the MX art :)

If you dont mind to drag a newbie around, please add me in the party :p

Ced :p

Hi frenchy, its DJ, Lucien's girl... we're looking at one of the tracks this weekend, Saturday most likely, we'll post up here once plans are finalized! :applause:

I'd be happy to have a newbie around, I'm not going to be real fast myself, I haven't been out riding a lot lately!! :eek:

Dang! Alot of Louisiana folk, eh?

Where are you guys in relationship to the Baton Rouge area? I'm going to check out No Problem raceway and see about track days down there now that I have full leathers. Track virgin when it comes to Motards, here....

Been doing the hooligan thing on back roads, mostly. Wouldn't mind hitting a motocross track for the jumps! Got a hooligan thing going on this weekend you're all invited to if you want to blast HWY16 (exit 10 on I-12) south through the twistys.

Are you guys mostly dirt?

Greetings to the Gris Gris Connection-

Rev called last Saturday Night and mentioned he and DJ are heading to put in some track time this weekend, but the invite is open from Zoom and I to head to Forrest Hill just south of Alexandria this Sat for anyone within earshot. We'll be heading out from Baton Rouge chicken-thirty on Saturday.

Rev- You mentioned heading up to do the Midwest TT ride in Arkansas mid August. It seems they have about 18 mattress spots in the cabin. Count me in if you're in. We need to make contact with the ride leader ASAP.

Who's In?

We're gonna get

Dirty

Hey BBB,

I have a dual sport too, a Honda 250. Not really fast enough to keep up with your DRZ, but I wouldn't mind giving the dual sport ride thing a try sometime. You ever find any d/s friendly trails or dirt roads on your rides?

Not this weekend though, as me and my XR400 have to get dirty on Saturday.

Anyway what you're planning sounds like fun and I would like to try it sometime.

Dang! Alot of Louisiana folk, eh?

Where are you guys in relationship to the Baton Rouge area? I'm going to check out No Problem raceway and see about track days down there now that I have full leathers. Track virgin when it comes to Motards, here....

Been doing the hooligan thing on back roads, mostly. Wouldn't mind hitting a motocross track for the jumps! Got a hooligan thing going on this weekend you're all invited to if you want to blast HWY16 (exit 10 on I-12) south through the twistys.

Are you guys mostly dirt?

Unfortunately revolucien & myself are either all dirt or all street... our stable consists of my RF900R, his Ducati 750 Monster, my YZ250F and his YZ450F... we don't have any of the dual sport toys! :applause:

Although maybe someday... :eek: