Magnetic drain plugs for pit bike

I am going to be getting a Pitster not to long from now and I wanted to run a magnetic drain plug in it from the start because of the absence of an oil filter with these bikes and I was wondering if a Honda one would fit or is there another that would fit?

u should go on faster-minis.com they sell TONS of kitaco and other aftermarket parts for sdg's...if u havent noticed the pitsterpro is the same as a sdg mini but with a 125 engine...ide try the sdg plug first..they are 14$...

unless u wait and find out from someone who has one

Thanks KX250. If the case on a GPX engine is the same as the SDG then maybe the plug is the same. Anybody else run a magetic drain plug?

ya i dunno if its the same, its possible since the bike is the same design....

PM Don he probably would know

does anyone know if it will fit in a motovert case

They should be all the same from 50cc to 125cc. I run the Fast50's plugs on my bikes, work good and come in alot of colors, $13 bucks.

Radio shack... rare earth neodymium miniature magnets very cheap. Or ebay.. There is an oil screen inside the engine case but you have to remove the clutch cover to get at it. May as well clean the centrifugal filter while you're at it.

Counter sink a small hole in your oil drain bolt. Mix up some jb weld. Put a dab of jb weld on the bottom of the mini magnet and plop her into the hole you drilled into the oil drain bolt. Walla... instant magnetic oil drain bolt and damn strong magnet at that!

Thanks KX250. If the case on a GPX engine is the same as the SDG then maybe the plug is the same. Anybody else run a magetic drain plug?

I've got a Moose Racing plug in my XR50, XR70 and Pitster Pro. About $13.00 each from the local bike shop. They are all the same P/N- #M0103 I believe.

Good idea on the drain plug, will have to look into one.

Whats the socket for? as in where is that nut located?

wow old thread

wow old thread

^^^Funny, I was just noticing the same thing.

Yeah, but at least theres lots of new people who haven't seen it yet (me included) and its a good tech thread... so I am glad someone bumped it to the top.