New Buell Dual Sport

Clearly more of a BMW GS1200 market filler than anything. I think in that role it can excel.

the BUELL is to dual-sport bikes what the Harley is to mopeds ... :applause::eek:

Should handle just as good as my Blackbird off road.

There isn't anything legendary about a Buell that would convince me that this is the premiere bike in that market.

3 words

G

A

Y

...word !

3 words

G

A

Y

...word !

so that's 1 word...what's the other 2? :applause:

If the fuel is in the frame and the oil is in the swingarm plus the muffler mounted liw then it should hug the asphalt great, but a dual sport HA. Maybe Motard

lets face it, v twins do not belong in the dirt!

KTM950SuperEnduro01FotoGrande

Looks pretty decent in a futuristic kind of way. i would not of course ride one plus who need 1200cc's in the dirt? How bout those handgaurds? any one gonna try to mod those for the pig:D?

and that rear view mirror is super trick, i think i'll show up to a race with that on my bike and seee how long it lasts! it might make it to the end of the bomb run:)

The real issus for a bike like that and the bmw gs1200 is reliability and lets face it Harley Davidson waterpump motors just cant compete with bmw in that catagory,

but if someone gave me one i'd disapear for a few months tooling around the country!

I think Powercell meant to post the pic of this v-twin :applause:

01.jpg

And let's not forget the Aprilia v-twin dirt bike...

aprilia%20mxv%20450%20l.jpg

aprilia_mxv_motocross_gp_l.jpg

091603top.jpg

Ok...those 2 can get er done in the dirt. Thats easy as pie to tell, but the Buell'y thing just looks WHACK !

Ok...those 2 can get er done in the dirt. Thats easy as pie to tell, but the Buell'y thing just looks WHACK !

:applause: LMAO I have to agree.

Wow! major roost I bet!

Okay, here's a nice clean picture of the Aprilia to drool over:

http://www.odsc.on.ca/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3755&highlight=aprilia

But why would you make a V-twin? If you're going for more cylinders, wouldn't it make sense to make it an inline 4? It wouldn't weigh any more. In fact, it seems it would weigh less, as most inline four sport bikes weigh less than the V-twin ones, on a cc per cc basis. And I don't think the counterbalancing effect of the second cylinder/piston is particularly helpful. So why not go straigh to a four?? Width?

I would think center of gravity and rider balance would rule out an Inline 4, just imagine adding a huge radiator on the front as well. A V-Twin would drop deeper and tighter into the sweet spot in the frame and make much cleaner geometry, and handling.

It sure would be nice to have the power of a sportbike inline 4, in a offroad bike at times...but we would just be bug food if that really happened, right?

Just look at the monster KTM Baja bike that hits 140+mph and launches like a missle.

Whew....

Must be nice.

can you imagine cleaning the belt drive after a dirt run?

Didn't Yamaha run a v-twin in the Paris-Dakkar?

A belt drive for the dirt? Didn't Harley learn anything from cruisers? The first rock that gets between the belt and pulley will put a nice hole in the belt and you'll be bummin' sittin' on the side of the road.