Sign in to follow this  

How many MX women out there???

Just wondering how many women were riding.....kinda want to know...trying to get wife on a 2 wheels :eek::applause:

I had better unlock the cuffs first.

Lots of us women ride MX. Are you trying to find a wife who rides or getting your wife to ride?

My wife rides mx, she has gone from the slowest in our group to mid pack in our group(faster than half of the men).

Cool...

No no i ve already a wife...lol....just trying to get her to ride....showing her all your replies.....and say " See women ride" :applause:

my wifes history of bikes is as follows.

87 yamaha bw200

2002 honda cr125

2004 honda crf250r

She spent about 18 months on each

guess i just need to find her a bike ...what do you all recommend?

we went with a dual sport (KLR250) and I'd recommend AGAINST that route.

Nothing against the KLR... but its just not a good starter bike. Theres zero aftermarket parts available for it, its really too delicate for trail riding, especially with a beginner thats gonna drop it often, and my wife outgrew the bike way too fast.

In retrospect I wish we would have gotten a WR250 or something similar. This fall we'll be replacing her KLR with a new WR450 :applause:

I have only ridden MX. I live in Las vegas I don't like desert riding. I do by the way love woods riding. We do that once a year at the wcttr.

Getting me to ride on a track was pretty hard in the beggining. We used to go out to a few places that we just open areas with some make it your own jumps or a private track and ride cause I didn't like all the guys flying by me. I felt like I was gonna get ran over. When I got some experience under my belt - I was on a CR80expert - What we did though which helped alot...... one of the tracks that we ride splits up practice. Big bikes and little kids. Women can ride with the kids. We asked the track supervisor if it was okay if hubby putted around with me. They let him and it built up confindence. A few rides later I was on the vet track by myself.

I now ride a CRF250R that we lowered. And I like the bigger bike TONS better than the smaller bike especially on the track. It has way more smoother power than the 80 and is actually easier to ride because of it. When I first made the switch I was riding 100% better, I was jumping jumps that I would NEVER do on the 80. Although I love to turn and was great on the 80, that even improved on the 250f. You would think not because of the weight and the size difference first time out.

Good luck!!

This might help you with the bike choices.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190408

I got my first bike, CRF230, in January. Bought it because I had never rode before. I am vertically challenged at 5'2'', so the height was great. I really like that bike for trails and starting out on because I could touch the ground. But----then I got the bug for racing. I started racing in February. By March I was ready for a new bike with much better suspension.

I would definately recommend taking your wife out on trails first. Let her play at her own speed and get use to the bike. Then, if you really want her to try racing, find a track that has a practice day. Tracks around here will let the women go out with the kids. When I first went out on practice, I let all the kids start off, then I went out. Practice days on a track are great because you can really just ride the track if you want.

I ride....not 1/2 as much as the ol' man but when ever I can I do.

Ditto............daughter is always out, also.