Sign in to follow this  

who lives in Maryland?¿?

Hey Stinson, This area is great for a dual sport. Twisty back roads everywhere and very few cars. There is also a ton of forest service roads. I don't know of much single track right around here because if it's private land I don't go on it. Have you taken your KTM to Greenridge, it's much better on a DS because you can explore the whole forest and not just the ORV loop.

I live in Cumberland MD and ride around the frostburg MD area. There are a ton of coal mines around there and there are trails in between all of them. The only bad thing is you have to hit some pavement once in a while to get to some of the trails. I would say that there are about 90 to a 100 miles worth of trails that i know of.

CSMaillet,

Im actually up at deep creek lake right now. I brought the bike up with my and did some riding in the state forests around here. It just seems to be alot of gravel roads and stuff like that. I need to find some more single track. I havent taken my KTM to greenridge, but I did take my old WR there. There was a ton of gravel roads that seemed pretty easy to explore on a bike.

Cya Stinson

Northern Baltimore County, near Pa. line. Moved up here from parkville area. Tower City is about an hour and half from here, full of great single track. John.

Nice to see some locals on here .......... i had made another post about some places to ride and didnt think we had any close locals.

Im in E. Baltimore County as well ............... In Essex.

I'd love to find some locals to ride with and the Hatfield McCoy trail system looks awesome and will hopefully be taking a trip over there soon.

They must have changed it not very long ago. Last summer I rode atleast 200 miles through matewan and all those other towns on my YZ250f (no lights or anything). No cops gave us any problems and the guy and OutBack ATV showed us the guide on it.

Most of the towns around the trailheads have passed ordinances to allow dirtbikes and ATVs to ride to and from the trailheads. It was not intended to allow riders to go anywhere on an ATV or dirtbike.

We tend to be our own worst enemies, and if we abuse the privilege by riding all around, pulling wheelies in the middle of these towns, etc., I am sure they will change the law.

OK, I will admit it. I live in Maryland. I have been here for 44 of my 45 years. I started riding the horse trails in Chevy Chase along Rock Creek Park (when it was legal). Then Hillandale, then Wheaton and now the quite life in Olney.

I have seen more good riding places that have been destroyed by development, golf courses, cops and criminals than you can roost mud. The future of riding in MD....Go west son.

I'm in Bel Air. Used to ride at Mercedes Benz in Riverside. Now that is off limits. Where do you access the trail at Carsins run ? Where do you park? Going to Greenridge on the 21st. Thanks, Guy

In the 2 years that I've been riding, I've lost every local (semi-legal) trail to development or barricades. MB is now posted, Carsin's Run is now posted, Cedarday is in the process of being developed, the trails off RT 7 are now townhomes, the Rt 152 quarry is posted and barricaded and the Laurel Pitts has gotten dangerous. You not only have to worry about cops but car jackers as well (see link)http://www.nbc4.com/news/9287800/detail.html

We usually go to Tower City.

What I want to know is how did you make an upside-down?? :applause:

Another Harford County resident here. Abingdon..... Heading up to Tower City tomorrow! (first time)

Hey Tusk,

I live in Bel Air, we're neighbors.

BTW, we're heading to TC on Sunday. If you can make it there Sunday, let me know and we'll meet you there.