need some drz help

ok heres my deal, im 15, and looking to buy myself a used enduro for trail and street usage. puroosing around on the internet checking out the different motorcycles that might be classified as enduro i come along the drz models made by suzuki. they look to be a good breed and all the things i read on them from different sites had all but good things to say about these motorcycles. apperently there are 3 models of the drz400 the drz400e, drz400s and the drz400sm. the sm looked to me to be a strictly road kind of bike with the road tires it had on it the S seemed to be sporting the more trail looking tires but still had all of the gizmos of a road legal bike including the wieght 29i apperantly. The E on the other hand seemed to be the bike i was looking for but didnt sport any of the onroad fetures of the other two. my question is witch of these 3 bikes are clasified as enduros?, and would it be possible to make the e street legal. wich it would halfto be.

also considering the drz 250, can that be made street legal also?

It all depends on the state to decide if an E (or K [kickstart only]) can be made road legal. Same goes for the 250. If it can then I'd go with an E and dual sport it but if not and you have to ride on the road then get the S.

the s model has the electric start butten, and the first time you fall on the side of the hill you will be glad you do'nt have to kick start it, it adds about 35lbs, the DRZ 400 is already a heavy tank, so at this point what is a nother 35lbs, whats the def if you are lifting 295 or4 330lbs, I always ride with friends so I make them get off there bikes and help me lift it up, and I always help them with theres

Welcome...the S, being a true dual-sport, offers the best of both worlds. Street legal yet with some mods can easily be made into whatever you want... from hard-core dirt bike to SM street monster. Your choice. How tall are ya? 37" seat height on the S and E...I personally have a 32" inseam and it can be a challenge, especially for a new rider. You put a foot down in a low spot and you're goin' over...Period. Once you're used to it... it is the most reliable, durable bike you can buy with a little study here and routine maintenance. Good luck and you won't soon "out-grow" it like you will a 250cc class bike. :D:D:D

the s model has the electric start butten, and the first time you fall on the side of the hill you will be glad you do'nt have to kick start it, it adds about 35lbs, the DRZ 400 is already a heavy tank, so at this point what is a nother 35lbs, whats the def if you are lifting 295 or4 330lbs, I always ride with friends so I make them get off there bikes and help me lift it up, and I always help them with theres

yeah to answer a lot of questions i have a car permit and am hoping to get my moto license after i get my full car license, and i mean right after. i live in maryland so they have strict moto laws and i think it may take alot to get any bike street legal. I owned a pw 80 when i was from 9-12, we sold it cuz i was to big and my parents wouldnt get me a 125 so i dont hae much exp.:D , i know this is a drz forum bu i happened open a 95 yamaha rt180 for 700 obo, the guy sais it runs great and apparently there the original owners, ill halfto chek out the bike to see just how good it runs. but anywhoo does anyone know iff a 1995 rt180 can be made stret legal, iff they make headlights for the thing or anything of the sort. thANKS I APRECIATE ALL THE COMMENTS THEY HAVE HELPED ALOT. DAMN CAPS LOCK