Sign in to follow this  

Mirror mirror on my bars

There was a thread bouncing around here with some nice bar mounted replacement mirrors (from a duc maybe??). I did a search and can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? I need to rid my SM of those fugly square stockers before she gets pissed at me. :D

IMG_1084.jpg

they are from the Ducati Performance line of products for monsters. they are like $80 each so they are far from cheap, but considering the other pair i liked was $150 each they were a bargian :D

they are usable, but i wouldn't put them on my commuter bike not the best for copspotting :D

cheers

andrew

btw, the mirror thread that just happened was at...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274386

((The DS's are nice but I'm looking for something that is on stalks.))

I think the stockers are great for veiwability, as far as function it's only down hill sacrice with anything else, but might look cool. :D

There was a thread bouncing around here with some nice bar mounted replacement mirrors (from a duc maybe??). I did a search and can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? I need to rid my SM of those fugly square stockers before she gets pissed at me. :eek:

I've tried some different mirrors but keep going back to the OEM's...you get 'em adjusted right and they are the best mirror out there. I'm more worried about what's behind me than how it looks from the front :D They're a little heavy, they're kinda fugly but they work. If they vibrate so bad you can't see yourself then balance your friggin' tires :D:eek: Makes all the difference in the world. I refuse to pay $80 or more for a mirror that "looks good"...Put a Thor "half-mask" on each one and when the Ranger (female) tells you she likes your "thingies" then you know you're on the "cuttin' edge"...Good luck... :D:eek::D

I've tried quite a few mirrors over the years, and the dualstars are by far the best one's I've come across. They weigh almost nothing, mount in about a minute, stay out of the way so you don't have to worry about folding them when you go into thick brush, and there is almost no vibration. I think the view under your arms is actually better that the standard view you get with stalks.

I've tried some different mirrors but keep going back to the OEM's...you get 'em adjusted right and they are the best mirror out there. I'm more worried about what's behind me than how it looks from the front :D They're a little heavy, they're kinda fugly but they work. If they vibrate so bad you can't see yourself then balance your friggin' tires :D:eek: Makes all the difference in the world. I refuse to pay $80 or more for a mirror that "looks good"...Put a Thor "half-mask" on each one and when the Ranger (female) tells you she likes your "thingies" then you know you're on the "cuttin' edge"...Good luck... :D:eek::D

Rationalize all you want ya cheap bastard I want something that looks good mounted on my bike :eek:

Rationalize all you want ya cheap bastard I want something that looks good mounted on my bike :D

Well, then you probably shouldn't get on it yourself...you smart bastard :D:D:eek:

ha! no need for name calling :D i think Ross and others value price and function and that's cool. for me i wanted looks and function. since i have a SM'd drz like fartsmeller's i'm not worried about what rangers think since my bike won't be seeing a trail any time soon, i'm only worried about what a cop will think, and what i think.

for street the Duc mirrors look great and work, yeah they aren't cheep but have you looked at other nice looking mirrors? the ones i really wanted was twice those Duc mirrors. why would people pay that much for mirrors? because NOBODY makes cheap cool ones, that's capitalism for you. for dirt riding it is stupid to get those mirrors, for street riding it's just not economical. if we were all worried about beeing economical we'd be on the toyota corolla forum talking about how to extend our service intervals, or get the most out of our stock stereo.

I, "the ultimate-cheap bastard" made my own using the stock stalks. I don't have any good close-ups in my garage, but you can get an idea. I used the autozone $3 cheap convexs and made an adjustable mount. They have a levered nut at the base and a set screw near the head. They are able to fold into the position of the dual stars when off road, but give a better street view. Not the best view compared to stock, but very ridable.

I, "the ultimate-cheap bastard" made my own using the stock stalks. I don't have any good close-ups in my garage, but you can get an idea. I used the autozone $3 cheap convexs and made an adjustable mount. They have a levered nut at the base and a set screw near the head. They are able to fold into the position of the dual stars when off road, but give a better street view. Not the best view compared to stock, but very ridable.

I have you beat on the ultimate-cheapy contest. I made a pair of Railroaders. Since they are convex, the view is not the greatest but they work good, won't break in a get off and cost $1.98 for the pair.

f2f6b9b3.jpg

if we were all worried about beeing economical we'd be on the toyota corolla forum talking about how to extend our service intervals, or get the most out of our stock stereo.

:D

So get the Emgos already....$8.95 (or less) each and pretty good looking (don't point them back at yourself, though... :D )