dub-R Smuggling

I've read some archives on purchasing WR's out of state and in Canada as well. I am looking for any suggestions as to getting a big blue thumper across the U.S./Canadian border without any grief. I am in N. Idaho and will most likely be traveling to Calgary for a 426.

If you have any suggestions or experiences doing so please send me all the details.

Thanks a mil,

rippintuff@aol.com

First thing to remember is it's not smuggling, it's perfectly legal. I have a friend who bought an 01 wr426 in BC for something like .57 cents on the doller!, just don't forget, when you register it locally you will now pay the taxes you didn't pay in Canada.

Do you have to pay tax on a "used" bike? I believe you could have a Canadian buy the bike and register it (only about $30 in Alberta), then sell it to you used. Of course then you would not get the GST back (7%). So it would come down to which is less, 7% GST or whatever the tax you would pay in your state.

Originally posted by RippinTuff:

I've read some archives on purchasing WR's out of state and in Canada as well. I am looking for any suggestions as to getting a big blue thumper across the U.S./Canadian border without any grief. I am in N. Idaho and will most likely be traveling to Calgary for a 426.

If you have any suggestions or experiences doing so please send me all the details.

Thanks a mil,

rippintuff@aol.com

I have been watching this website for about 4 months now and have seen several posts in regards to buying out of Canada. Even with the exchange rate I am suprised it is cheaper to buy in Canada than the US. What is the Retail/Wholesale cost of a Blue Thumper in the States. Being From Canada and knowing the prices up here I am curious what they are down there....

Originally posted by RippinTuff:

Thanks a mil,

rippintuff@aol.com