Trailer alternatives?

The only problem with that set up is it's so light that it's gonna tow very poorly, and those little tires don't stand up to much. There are quite a few hitch haulers on the market that I would use. For 1000 bucks, I'd just buy a nice 3 rail trailer.

What kinda ride do u got? If u have a van and take out the back seat itll fit, otherwise they have things called joe haulers for about $200-300.

I think the Joe Haulers or more expensive than that.

I finally went with Mototote and love it:

http://www.mototote.com/default.aspx

TT lighter verison from Sarge Industries is also quite swell rated:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/si-450.htm

These are pretty cool! What vehicle do you have it on?

I own a full sized Dodge Ram, but as long as you have a class 3 or greater hitch, no problem. Sarge one might even be class II. Itried the fancier MotoJackRack (http://motojackrack.com/) but could never get a good fit on my CRF230 - think it was built for the larger bikes. For a smaller 150, I would consider the lighter Sarge Industries through TT - great price, lightweight, supports TT, free ship...

I own a full sized Dodge Ram, but as long as you have a class 3 or greater hitch, no problem. Sarge one might even be class II. Itried the fancier MotoJackRack (http://motojackrack.com/) but could never get a good fit on my CRF230 - think it was built for the larger bikes. For a smaller 150, I would consider the lighter Sarge Industries through TT - great price, lightweight, supports TT, free ship...

I have a 2004 F150 crew so that would work well! I like the idea of a trailer for camping but this is perfect for race and practice days!

If you know someone that can weld and a place to buy steel, a carrier can be built really cheap. The steel for this one that my friend and I built only cost me $56. Then two cans of semi gloss black rustoleum and a thirty pack for my friend's help and the total was about 80 bucks. I can give you dimensions for everything if you'd like. Basically, some 2" square tubing, 1 1/2" square tubing, and some c-channel. The fork part extends all the way under the c-channel. You can see the discoloration in the steel from the welding underneath. This picture is before paint. It's really sturdy (no bolt together parts) and a little hefty, maybe 80 lbs. The 'weight saving' letters were cut using a plasma cutter :D . Oh, and I use it on my '99 Rodeo with a class 3 hitch.

Good luck,

G

wMTAwMTc5NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

go to Northern tool and equip, you can pick up a trailor there for less than 500.00 I used one for 2 years before I bought my ram. never had a prob with it. still have it!!

I would mlove a trailer! Soem people though, like me, have nowhere to put one. My carrier hangs quietly out of the way on the garage wall.

I have a dodge Ram, but I dont put my bike in there is is so high. Kinda scary. I use a tilt snowmobile trailer. It makes it easy to load and unload and will easily cary three bikes.

Dude, I have your solution. I went to walmart and picked up a folding aluminum ramp for 60 bills. it folds twice :D I put it just off center of the tailgate. next, put your stand next to it so it is comfy to step up on and to step from the stand up to the tail gate. get a little start, hit the ramp, step up onto the stand then up to the tail gate in one fluid motion. then hit the front brake to regain composure, release the brake and shove her home. if you put the wheel just off center against the bed wall, you can swing the back to the corner and actually get the gate shut. :D Piece a cake. give it a shot :D

I'm still missing why you dont just put it in the back of the truck :D

For me, I am older and am often alone and just got tired of manhandling that bike with a running start up into me truck bed. I have a full sized 2004 dodge Ram and its often quite a push - not to mention the finesse of holding the bike upright while climbing up into the bed and securing it. I know, a younger kid would just ride it right up the ramp :D

On trips, esp longer ones, I have the kids bikes and a ton of other crap in there.... hirth mounts in these situations are sweet.