Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×

Northern Ontario Riders Where Are You??

Not really that far north, but i live by Goderich... Nice trail riding, lots of nice loops... my favorite riding in old gravel pits, closest you can get to sand dunes with out going to sand dunes.

I am from KL as well. I am planning a trip to go riding up there this summer. Maybe we should hook up, I can't wait to hit windsor valey and cristal beach area with a gopro.

Dude, Crystal beach would be amazing. Best sand I know of... but cops have taken over that place. I know there's Crystal Pits near the beach that could be ridden, but the beach is definitely a place to be caught by Kirkland Lake's finest police (goof balls most of them), there's also TNR pits where there's a homemade track. Also trails that spiderweb for miles. I grew up at TNR on my old bikes when I lived there. I always had a good time. PM me and maybe this summer I can get a few guys to come down from Sudbury and set up a ride.

Dude, Crystal beach would be amazing. Best sand I know of... but cops have taken over that place. I know there's Crystal Pits near the beach that could be ridden, but the beach is definitely a place to be caught by Kirkland Lake's finest police (goof balls most of them), there's also TNR pits where there's a homemade track. Also trails that spiderweb for miles. I grew up at TNR on my old bikes when I lived there. I always had a good time. PM me and maybe this summer I can get a few guys to come down from Sudbury and set up a ride.

hahahha me to, TNR was the place. I used to love riding the funnel there. Ya the cops in KL are very bad. When I was 17 I ran from them on my yz 125 and got cought. Lost my D.L for 3 years and payed $2500.00 in fines:banghead: all for a dirt bike!!!

Windsor valley would still be a great place to ride, and from there you can get any where.

Kirkland Laker here anytime you boys wanna ride give me a shout and we'll set something up ! can't wait to take the new bike out !

Kirkland Laker here anytime you boys wanna ride give me a shout and we'll set something up ! can't wait to take the new bike out !

What bike did yo get???

06 CRF450 and have a CR250 2smoker bought the 450 in late december so my ride time was limited to a blast down the highway !

06 CRF450 and have a CR250 2smoker bought the 450 in late december so my ride time was limited to a blast down the highway !

Cool, is there alot of people with bikes in KL now? I know when I lived there are a kid there was alot but after a few years there was no bikes anywhere.

ya lots of bikes here now, ride mostly with my cousins from englehart and a couple buddies from KL, lots of punk ass kids rip around too which keeps the cops on the look out, just have to be sensible and they don't bother you though

I'm thinking of doing a ride from my place in Oshawa up to Whitney across to Barrys Bay and working my way up and across the topside of Algonquin park and back down the westside. I know my way to Barrys Bay but after that I have no idea. Anyone have any sugestions for riding between Deep River and Mattawa? I hear that the trail from Mattawa to Balsam Creek? is pretty good. Also heard about a Hydro line trail in that area from an ATV website..comments? Suggestions on trails/backroads on the west side of Algonquin heading south? I see lots of trails/backroads on my GPS and maps but I'm sure alot of they could be either impassable or just not there anymore. I figure I'd just take off a week from work and wing it..camp along the way or stay in a motel if I happen to be near one, just ride and have some fun exploring. Might have a couple of other guys joining me..or not !

Sault Ste. Marie... I ride mostly in Michigan on their Off-Road-Vehicle trails... Tight single track trails... Awesome riding...

J

From Kenora, close to the MB border. Just moved here recently so I still havent found all the riding areas. Mostly trail riding on crown land.

Sault Ste. Marie... I ride mostly in Michigan on their Off-Road-Vehicle trails... Tight single track trails... Awesome riding...

J

I know that this post was quite a while ago... but I just moved back to the Sault from Calgary and brought my 2 smoker with me ... now I am looking for a place ride... I have heard of the trails in Kinross but I don't ride alone... and now I have no one to ride with... is there any groups here in the sault that ride off road???

WOW! This is crazy that everyone here is from Kirkland Lake. If anyone wants to ride, PM me. My name's Connor Sutton, I'm 16, I've lived at Crystal Lake all my life, and I know all the trails and pits in the area. I'm a pretty good rider, and I've got an FMX Ramp set up in Crystal Pit now, and have built many jumps in the pits nearby! Windsor Valley isn't all that great anymore, since the owner (Bud Blackburn) moved all the sand around..... but Souriel Pit (right across the highway) is fantastic!!! Many, many, many jumps.... and it's HUGE! There is also some awesome tight technical riding up here, which is unknown to most people. If anybody's coming up here, please tell me!

And to answer some people's questions.... there are many dirtbikers in town, and yes the cops aren't all too bright, but with all the endless trails, you never have to confront them! :bonk:

• Like 1

I know that this post was quite a while ago... but I just moved back to the Sault from Calgary and brought my 2 smoker with me ... now I am looking for a place ride... I have heard of the trails in Kinross but I don't ride alone... and now I have no one to ride with... is there any groups here in the sault that ride off road???

Hey Bud... There are a few of us "Older" :cripple:type guys that like to get out and ride in Michigan... of course it'll be spring before we get back, but keep in touch and maybe we can get you out with us...

It looks like this post may start rolling again so here is my input. I ride a KLX 250s and I'm in Sundridge ( 40 mins. South of North Bay on Hwy. 11 ) Learned to ride in Elliot Lake and would love to take the bike back there for a ride sometime. Its heaven up there.

Hey Bud... There are a few of us "Older" :cripple:type guys that like to get out and ride in Michigan... of course it'll be spring before we get back, but keep in touch and maybe we can get you out with us...

I'm making tentative plans to do the eastern CECs this year and should be in the soo late Aug early sept would love to hook up with some guys to rejet and get the suspension sorted for those slimy "shield" rocks you guys ride on:thumbsup::smirk:

Sorry to bring up an old thread,

Anyone still in the Kirkland Lake area?? I am in englehart. Just got back on the bike after picking up an 02 cr250 last weekend.