Sign in to follow this  

My first mod

I finally did something to my bike to make it my own (besides a few stickers). Snce my dad won't let me do any mechanical upgrades on my bike, I decided a speedometer would be cool. However, I'm poor, so I bought a speedometer for a mtb. It works pretty good from what I have seen. (a quick test run in the backyard) I'm not sure how accurate it is, so I'll have to take a truck or my friend's speedo'd bike out next time and run them alongside each other.

Speedo001.jpg

Speedo002.jpg

Speedo003.jpg

It looks pretty cool to me. I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a second sensor for my mtb, since you can take the actual computer off very easily.

Oh and another thing, am I right in saying that the circumference of the stock front tire is 200cm?

I took it out for a little. The only thing is when I changed the tire circumference I forgot to put it back on mph. It's stil cool to look down and see how fast your going.

I took it out for a little. The only thing is when I changed the tire circumference I forgot to put it back on mph. It's stil cool to look down and see how fast your going.

ya i know

Metric all the way! :D

metric sucks

i beg to differ....

most countries use metric, its a more well-thought-out system, based on the number 10...

now if i could only learn it, i would like it better

metric sucks

Pfffffff, Americans... :D

i beg to differ....

most countries use metric, its a more well-thought-out system, based on the number 10...

now if i could only learn it, i would like it better

So much easier, 100,000mm = 10,000cm = 1,000m = 1Kilometer. :D

I agree the metric system is much sympler and I wish america used it, but we have to be different, andI dont know how fast 10 km/ph is. It was only 23 buck, shipping included. I got it from colorado cyclist http://www.coloradocyclist.com/common/products/productdisplay2_v2.cfm?PRRFNBR=29730&CGRFNBR=655&CRPCGNBR=655&CI=1,226,655&TextMode=0