Sign in to follow this  

Riding the Rev Limiter?

To get going as fast as possible on the 230 your riding on the rev limiter. Is this good? I know you can get rev boxes so the engine is capable of higher revs. coeshow said something a while back about Honda testing the 230 engines at full throttle (I assume on the rev limiter) for 72 hours. So if that didn't hurt them should riding on the rev limiter for a minuite hurt it?

some crf230's are 6 speeds

I thought they were all 6 speeds?

*edit* ahh i see the one who posted about imaginary 6th gear has a 150

I thought they were all 6 speeds?

*edit* ahh i see the one who posted about imaginary 6th gear has a 150

05 and up are 6 speed. 04 and down are 5.

230's have had 6 speeds since their introduction in the U.S.

Hmm, do you think the rev limiter is there to keep from over reving the engine, possibly damaging it?

Does it stand to reason if you're spinning an engine to it's extreme uppermost operating speed, you're going to make it rather unhappy?

Nahh, just leave it in first rev it till it pukes on you.

Dirty

Dude, are you street racing or something? . those things have plenty of gears, just shift up. :D

I'm talking about being in last gear to get top speed.

yea, i wouldnt bounce the limiter if i were, its kinda liek a redline in a car. you dont wanna redline a car do u?? only when u hotrod!!! and stuff starts to break after that.

Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Toast, I like your new signature slogan...I can't wait to use its wisdom :D .

if you have the stock revlimiter on it it wiill not hurt your engine at all because it will stop it at the maximum safe point before your valves will get damaged but if you have an aftermarket performance rev limiter than yes riding the revlimiter for a long time can damage your valves but thats like if your doing racing and stuff it usually doesnt happen especially on a honda cause they are so well built compared to yamaha and the other lower companies

If you are racing or something id rev it all the way to the rev limiter stops you then shift. BUt if your just riding i wouldnt reccomend revving it all the way out. It might not hurt your engine but why take the chance?