Valve buckets wont come out

undefinedI was adjusting the valves on my 2002 WR 426 and the intake buckets will not come out. The cylinder head material adjacent to the intake valve bucket is mushroomed out by the camshaft I guess since this is the cam bearing surface. I got two of the buckets out by slicing off the mushroomed lip with an exacto knife and then the valve bucket pulled straight up easily. It looks like I may have to remove the cylinder head to get the center bucket out. I use Torco T4R oil and change often and never go low on oil. Has anyone seen this problem what is the cause and what is the fix. the bike runs very strong with no engine noise.

I had this happen to my bike. A local engine shop had to get mine out. The head is severly damaged when it gets to that. I went with a new head, very pricey and my cam need to be replaced also. I did the rebuild work and it was still around $750.

it happened to me

some mech overtightened the cam caps or so it seemed

cam rotation edges on the head got squeezed, so I couldnt pull the center intake bucket out

had to remove the head and cut out those edges

than used 1000 sandpaper to repair the cam sliding area till cam rotated freely when torqued correctly

pic

gallery_373_43_40840.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what happened Possibly during the last valve adjust the cam cap was not torqued correctly annother problem was the cam cap allignment sleeve in the right rear corner got hung up nat allowing the cap to fully seat. The fix is to repair the alignment sleeve and seat it in the head clean the cylinder head cap mounting surface with a wet stone. Clean the cam caps with a wet stone. use a wheel cylinder hone to make the cam wear surfaces round and smooth clean everything and reinstall head and cams with lube. Adjusting Valves with the cylinder head on the work bench is great. Then retorque the cam caps very carefully.