Crf450r Oil Drain Bolts Torque

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY TORQUE THE DRAIN BOLTS TO WHAT THE HONDA SERVICE MANUAL SAYS TO? OIL DRAIN 12 FOOT LBS AND TRANS BOLT 16 FOOT LBS? THAT SEEMS REALLY TIGHT TO ME!!! :D

Huh? Torque settings? I work for BMW UK and we don't even use those. I think someone on another thread noted about the Honda Torque settings for the drain bolts being too high. Just use common sense and tighten it to a enough so you know it won't leak but not so your putting major weight behind it and at the same time use nothing over 3/8 drive ratchet. Simple as it is. Sorry I didn't give you your torque settings.

10 ft/lbs tops if you do torque them.

Take the caps lock off, it's rude.

sorry about the caps lock! im not perfect nor am i rude!

Forget the torque wrench, you are just asking for problems, especially with the transmission drain bolt.

Just go by feel and use a 1/4" ratchet with a long extension to get behind the shifter.

With oil on the drain threads you'll get inaccurate torque on the bolt and eventually strip the threads. Then you'll really be screwed when you have to split the cases to fix the threads.

I have used a 1/4" ratchet on the drain bolts of my last two CRFs and have yet to have any problems what so ever. Just go by feel and you'll be fine.

Use a torque wrench for other stuff like triple clamps, bar clamps, head bolts, suspension linkage, etc.

Forget the torque wrench, you are just asking for problems, especially with the transmission drain bolt.

Just go by feel and use a 1/4" ratchet with a long extension to get behind the shifter.

Yup. I just snug mine with a speed handle. I don't even tighten them enough to deform the aluminum crush washers and and I haven't had a problem in 2 years of frequent oil changes on my 04. If you're worried about the bolts backing out, have the heads drilled and safety wire them but I've never heard of one falling out.

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY TORQUE THE DRAIN BOLTS TO WHAT THE HONDA SERVICE MANUAL SAYS TO? OIL DRAIN 12 FOOT LBS AND TRANS BOLT 16 FOOT LBS? THAT SEEMS REALLY TIGHT TO ME!!! :D

The engine oil drain bolt torque is 22 Nm (2.2 kgf m, 16 lbf ft). This is not a "guess", came right from my Honda book.

the oil drain bolt is 140 inch lbs the oil filter cover bolts are 108 inch lbs the trans bolt is 190 inch lbs .. remember those are inch pounds not foot pounds.. i never have had a problem with them striping using what the books recommends wonder how many of you that have striped bolts used a wet torque ? :D

I do the books specs with my 250R and its doing fine.