Sign in to follow this  

bubbyman

Yeah, he wants to brag about his "technique" for pikin' up chicks!! :D

Don :D

speaking of Bithlo, how is the track now? I live about 50 minutes but I havent gone over in a long time.

I thought Bithlo was great! Even better that I got to ride with the smaller kids since I probably would've gotten KILLED by the other guys!

"same as it ever was"

Phil , how on Earth could you say that!!! All the time I went when Lou owned it I never had it groomed before I rode (and on a Sunday too!)

I think Wally is doing a great job (he keeps changing things around).

Just my $.02 been then again I do ride more MX than Phil (I think I do).

When lou ran things, and thats a loose term, the track was pretty boring I always thought. After several strongly worded discussions with him that were about him jacking up the price, I stopped going. The tough crap, take it or leave it attitude didnt sit too well with myself and most of the guys I ride with, so we left it. IMO, he was too busy smokin stoggies and drinking heinies, playing the role. But, I'll admit I just didnt like the guy, rant off.

I like changes, that way its never boring. Has anything been done in the back?

this is josh (phils son) no not really. in the back the made the double that they used to have. or the tripple. into a table top. hard to clear tho. not a lip on it. still loose as hell. cant track in it. spin your tires all over the place. and the big tabletop has rain rutes. or w.e in the back part.

Keep your tracks separated!!!!

The Main track is good

The "back" Sand track is what it is, a freebie, there are no races ran on that that I know of so maintenance is not a priority. And if your skeered of rut's call Skoobie DOO (rut roh)

Now I know where your coming from (what's up you fall in the video :D )

still loose as hell
Hey! No swearing you little pissant! And use your own screen name, jeesh.

Don, you may ride more mx these days but Josh and I went to their mx school every weekend for over a year until I crushed my spine on the old double in the back.

What I meant by same as it ever was wasnt pointed to the grooming of the track and I saw it groomed plenty under the old owner up until the end, but more to how the track is laid out. It's not very spread out, and almost seems too small on the front half.

The back half is used for bigger races and for FTR's races too. But man was it ever sloppy that weekend.

Hey DonO, checked out the first MX score of the season, not bad for the first race :D what happed in the second moto? did you go home :D Phil did you race as well?

If you can call it racing. :D

Both Josh and I sucked big time. That track was nothing but fluff as far as we were concerned. Neither one of us could get through a corner without getting hung up some how.

But it was a blast to be sure. The 125 A & B class was the loudest, they actually surpassed the atvs. :D

By the way, the scores on FTR are last seasons still. Oh and ask josh who finished better? LOL beat his braggin azz again I did. :D

Mark,

New MX scores for new season won't be up for a couple of days. I was 13 outta 23 1st Moto and I don't know what I was in 2nd (I took a bad tumble off the small double before finish line jump, but got up and went on) other than not trying to get hit by lightning.

Bubbyman, where's the video??????????????

(trying to not be accused of hijacking "another" thread)

My bad I guess, could have sworn it said 2005 season :D

We watched that storm come thru here yesterday afternoon while swimming in the pool, nasty, dark, tornado type clouds came from the south in a hurry.

Phil, A friend and I were at thundercross couple of weeks ago and it was the same way, soft as all get out. Even the S12 wouldnt hook up in that snot. It was still fun as hell to get out there and (Try) to thrash. Harescambles next?

Dang Don I didnt know you went down, shows how far ahead you were of me though. :D

Mark, we are going to try and hit them all this season. But who knows if thats really possible.

Dang Don I didnt know you went down, shows how far ahead you were of me though. :D

Mark, we are going to try and hit them all this season. But who knows if thats really possible.

I might show up to the next one, as a spectator only, see what its all about. Sounds like a whole lotta fun. If I decide to ride,looks like I'll have to start in the+40 class (old fart). OK, AMA, + FTR. How much is the transponder and do you buy it or lease it?

The classes are different between mx and HS's. I ride +40 for mx (all skill levels, and I suck), and super senior C for hs (+45). I think the transponder is like $20, and it's yours to keep.

Dont just show up. Come to ride cause you will regret it if you dont. It is a blast.

I found out this weekend that the trailer gets so hot inside during the day that it makes an excellent dryer for the gear in between motos. I hate putting sweat soaked gear back on.

Mark,

Don't forget there is a +35C no jump (have to roll everything other than single jumps) class and a "woods" class in MX :D . See the FTR manual for more details. If you want bring your bike and I'll show you how to jump everthing on it (woohoo DonO will win, maybe, those races) :D

As for HS, you pretty much need to figure out where you want to start, I recommend for first timers to go with Beginner class (unless your ballzy, or maybe crazy like me) and the point is that if you feel your better than that you can always move up!! but once your in a class (like me SSrC) you can't go backwards (not that I'm not holding my own or nothing in my class). Talk to Scott (KerrdogXR400) he can fillyou in on his first year.

Mark,

Don't forget there is a +35C no jump (have to roll everything other than single jumps) class and a "woods" class in MX :D . See the FTR manual for more details. If you want bring your bike and I'll show you how to jump everthing on it (woohoo DonO will win, maybe, those races) :eek:

As for HS, you pretty much need to figure out where you want to start, I recommend for first timers to go with Beginner class (unless your ballzy, or maybe crazy like me) and the point is that if you feel your better than that you can always move up!! but once your in a class (like me SSrC) you can't go backwards (not that I'm not holding my own or nothing in my class). Talk to Scott (KerrdogXR400) he can fillyou in on his first year.

Thanks for the info! It's not that I dont know how to jump, it's the voice inside the knoggin' screaming, " your hand still hurts from breaking it 8 months ago, don't do it old man." The kid inside says, "remember when..." :D

Good advise, start easy, work up.