Aarrgh! Missed todays OLN aring of Unadilla Valley!! Anyone DVD it?

Looking forward all day to watching. Right around 4pm a storm rolls thu. Race shows at 5pm! Direct TV - aaaahhhh. Any cloud cover an no signal. Right around 6:30 when the show ends the sky clears, sun comes out, birds are chirping - mocking me! :D

What worse is that, for some reason, OLN does not show it again until Oct. 29!!!???? &%$#@!. :D

Anyone of you MX heads run a home build TIVO that can burn me a DVD? :D

From AMA site:

July 16-17 Unadilla Valley, New Berlin, NY 125 Aug. 11 5 p.m. Oct. 29 4 p.m.

Wanted to check first, and make sure it recorded. :D

It might take me a few days, my wifes the tivo, and the DVD recorder expert.

Would you want the 250 race also.

Let me know.

Chuck

Many, many thanks! I just need the 125, saw the 250. A previous poster said to watch the pictures and video forum and it should appear. If I dont see it soon, I will take you up on your offer. Super kind of you to offer. :D

Looking forward all day to watching. Right around 4pm a storm rolls thu. Race shows at 5pm! Direct TV - aaaahhhh. Any cloud cover an no signal. Right around 6:30 when the show ends the sky clears, sun comes out, birds are chirping - mocking me! :D

I'd have your dish alignment checked, it shouldn't be THAT sensitive. We have DirecTV with the standard 18" dish and it's take some pretty severe weather to knock out our signal. If your dish is properly aligned and everything else is okay but it's still that sensitive you might look into a larger dish designed for weak signal situations; seeing those races is important dammit :D

I'd have your dish alignment checked, it shouldn't be THAT sensitive. We have DirecTV with the standard 18" dish and it's take some pretty severe weather to knock out our signal. If your dish is properly aligned and everything else is okay but it's still that sensitive you might look into a larger dish designed for weak signal situations; seeing those races is important dammit :D

I agree. Think about it this way, you're trying to point a dish at a dime in the sky. One very minute change in elevation or azimuth can make all the difference.

For example, I took my DirecTV setup to Laguna Seca for the MotoGP race in July. When I got it back home, I was only receiving about half the channels. I nudged the dish about 1-2º and everything was suddenly fine.

If you have a standard ( round) dish, you should call direct tv, they will install a oval dish for free!! :D

This way you have access to 2 satelites, not just one.

If one goes out it switches to the other.

Thats what we did.

I called DirectTV. They said that swap out, at least here, only pertained to a setup wherein your local channels originate from a separate satellite - mine are on same satellite so no new dish for me. I will be checking the alignment this weekend though. Thansk for the pointers!

I called DirectTV. They said that swap out, at least here, only pertained to a setup wherein your local channels originate from a separate satellite - mine are on same satellite so no new dish for me. I will be checking the alignment this weekend though. Thansk for the pointers!

Just FYI, if you want a larger, better quality dish you don't need to get it from DirecTV, any dish designed for DBS reception can be used for DirecTV, DISH Network, etc. they're all the same technology. For example take a look at these dishes