Wow

I finally sacked up and got my 86 cr500 running and i must say it is pretty insane :D.. the rear wheel just wants to wash out when you get on it.. i love :D

Nice!

Can you get on the pipe in good shape?

whatta you mean?

can you use all the power, or is it too much to crack wide open?

I remember racing the first water cooled cr500 back in Arizona. I had to always corner one gear higher and use clutch work just to keep it ridable it was a monster for sure. :D

I remember racing the first water cooled cr500 back in Arizona. I had to always corner one gear higher and use clutch work just to keep it ridable it was a monster for sure. :D

Yeah, me too. :D The first time I rode one at the track, I just kinda 'four stroked' it around the whole track. Just let the torque pull me through, rather than revving it. They are a lotta bike, for sure.

I borrowed one for a full day out at Glamis, what a beast. I was very tentitive that day to say the least. I can't imagine riding one of those on a MX track.

Back in the days the Kawi 500 was the only one you really had to worry about. But then they were also light switch quick and a handful so it was equal. :D

Isn't it true the CR500 jumps 18 horsepower at like 1,500 RPM?! Thats insane!