the bolt that won't loosen

I'm tryin to adjust my my chain slack and can't get the axle nut loose. I have a 2005 TTR 125 and the nuts and bolts have not been touched since i got the bike about a month ago. 3 different guys have tried to loosen the bolt and nothing. We gave up because we figured if it tried anything further either the bolt was going to get stripped or we would snap the axle bolt. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm suppose to go riden in the Pocono's on Saturday and i'm real leary of riden my bike since it has close to 2.5-3 inches of slack in the chain, Yamaha recommends 1.5-2 inches.

Heres what I would try, in this order:

1. Put a good 6 point socket on there with a ratchet and put a 3ft pipe on the ratchet so you get better torque on the thing.

2. Heat it up with a small torch and retry #1

3. Find someone with an air wrench you can borrow (thats my first step.... but I have one in my garage)

If that doesnt do it, im not sure what will.

Also righty tighty lefty losey :D

I have no idea how many times I have said this in my mind when a nut / bolt will not come off. Only a few times I have been turning the wrong way, mostly becuase of lack of sleep or just not giving a shit on what I'm working on, most of the other times I just break the bolt off and replace it.

I have no idea how many times I have said this in my mind when a nut / bolt will not come off. Only a few times I have been turning the wrong way, mostly becuase of lack of sleep or just not giving a shit on what I'm working on, most of the other times I just break the bolt off and replace it.

Same here :D:D:eek::D Except I don't normaly break them I just tighten them even freakin more :D