Sign in to follow this  

First Race(Second Atempt)

I,m going to my first race tomarrow. A month ago was suppose to be my first race but got in a bad wrech duing practice better now though. Im racing the 125 beginner class and was wonding what I should expect,bring to the race. Also heard of starting after the main pack so I dont get tochin out in the first corner. Been riding 4 months fast learner. Just bought a new 05 kxf 250f a month ago.

Thanks

Instead of starting after everyone u could just get a outside gate, less people moving into you...

Make sure you focus on breathing. My first race for some reason I was holding my breath and that exhausted me. Pick your line and don't weave all over the track. The fast guys will soon be laping you and you don't want to block or get in their way. My 1st race I was all over th place and the fast guys weren't sure which side to pass me on. Remember, if they run into your back tire, they usually go down.

Try not to hold onto to your grips too hard as you'll get arm pump real quick and have a hard time finishing and you'll probally start making mistakes.

For your 1st race, I wouldn't plan on winning it, but focus on finishing. Lots of guys crash and chances are you will pass them when their trying to restart their bike.

I wish someone gave me some advice before my 1st race... I did finish but have not raced since.

First off, try and survive practice.It can get hairy....:D

Secondly, Try and stay relaxed and ride your own race. Don't ride above your ability and don't get caught up in an adrenaline rush. Your primary goal is to FINISH the first moto (assuming your racing mx and not sx). Your goal for the second moto is to ride better than you did in your first moto. Your ULTIMATE goal is to leave the track with your body and your bike in the same condition that you arrived in. Good luck.....:D

Yes, stay in you line. In my 3rd race, there was a double that I hit every time, and this one time, I was in front of a guy, and didn't have the speed, so I tapped the brakes to roll it, and I cross lines, diagnolly across the gap of the jump, when I rolled over the landing, he landed on my rear fender... of course we both went down. We both went down hard but got away w/ some scrapes and a sprained foot.. so STAY IN YOUR LINE! Try and stay w/ the pack and try start w/ the pack... why not? Your all beginners.

I wish someone gave me some advice before my 1st race... I did finish but have not raced since.

Why not?

First off, try and survive practice.It can get hairy....:D

Got that right, along with all the extra riders, typically practices are a bit muddy at times here. The track then comes around by the motos start.

Good luck!

Dude...anything you try and remember will be forgotten the moment then gate drops. your brain will shut off....all you can do your first time is ride your own race, and have fun. dont get your hopes up, set a goal of making it through two motos without crashing and you will be a lot happier with your outcome. good luck!

Yes, stay in you line. In my 3rd race, there was a double that I hit every time, and this one time, I was in front of a guy, and didn't have the speed, so I tapped the brakes to roll it, and I cross lines, diagnolly across the gap of the jump, when I rolled over the landing, he landed on my rear fender... of course we both went down. We both went down hard but got away w/ some scrapes and a sprained foot.. so STAY IN YOUR LINE! Try and stay w/ the pack and try start w/ the pack... why not? Your all beginners.

Yeah Right. You should see some of the sandbaggers in our 125 C class. We mix classes due to lack of participants and a couple of the 125C riders beat the 40A riders. They must not have any conscience!

I don't know how old you are but I started my first race this year. I am 43. I was told not to run with the wild and crazy young 125C riders because they will run your arse over without any hesitation. So I decided to run the 30+ B class. I started slowly but am currently second in the points in my class. The 30+ B class riders seem to be a little more conservative due to the fact that they need to support their families so they don't get all crazy. Anyway keep your line, ride within your own capabilities and have fun. This has been one of my best summers to date. I love ridin and racin, don't need drugs or alchohol to get my high. The race track provides me the greatest buzz!! :D

Oh yea its a MX race. Lap times are 4 1/2 minutes long so no lapping will be done. And the race is actually 1 extra day away. Had a lot on my mind yesterday.

have fun and dont expect much just try to finish both motos you will be amazed at how good you thought you were and then when you get out on the track how much that changes just have FUN