Is anyone riding in the AMA LBL-200?

This ride is scheduled for September 10 & 11, 2005 at Land between the Lakes in Kentucky.

Any takers?

I just got the flier in the mail today, and I am very seriously considering it. I have never ridden in a formal DS ride before, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

I have ridden the LBL-200 about 10 times. The last three years I have ridden with one of my kids on the back each day, and I plan to do so again this year. While the terrain is not particularly challenging, it is a very fun ride. There are a lot of jeep trails, and 20 to 30 miles of single-track hiking trails each day. The single-track is very twisty and fairly smooth, and is really a blast. Since it's not real rough and it's typically fairly dry, it is also a very good ride for the less dirt-oriented dual-sport bikes, although it's probably a bit much for a BMW GS type of bike. The only real negaitve is that it's usually pretty dusty, but I have learned just to wait a little while before leaving.

About 5 years ago, they lost the use of a lot of the trails due to the land being transfered from TVA to the National Forest Service, but they have since regained use of most of the lost trails.

On a different note, if you have kids and you haven't taken them on something like this, I highly recommend it. Both my son (11) and my daughter (13) love it, and can't wait to go again this year.

Bruce Arnold

Huntsville, AL

That is a great idea with the kids if the trails are fairly easy. May try to get the daughter interested in this.

On another note, have vehicle inspections been performed on the bikes? I have an EXC that I am converting but it would definitely be on the fence. I have never ridden a dual-sport before and did not want to spend the money on a conversion kit if it was not enjoyable. Thanks for any assistance you have.