Sign in to follow this  

Intake valves shot do I replace exhaust valves at same time?

Just found out my intakes are shot and what to replace them with SS intakes. Would it be ok to leave the Ti exhuast valves in till they go? :D

also i am looking at Kibblewhite black diamonds but am wondering what is the stock head diameter of the valves for both the intake and exhaust?

The exhaust valves are already steel, not Titanium. If you are going to go through the effort of replacing the intakes you probably should do the exhaust at the same time.

I put in the kibblewhite valves and springs and haven't had a problem with the engine since.

I recently sent my head to pro circuit to have the intake valves replaced, seats ground and lapped, new seals and cam shimmed.

I wanted to have them do the exhaust as well, but was told don't waste my money that the exhaust valves were fine.

mabye you should speck them out for wear.

If you are going to go through the effort of replacing the intakes you probably should do the exhaust at the same time.

I put in the kibblewhite valves and springs and haven't had a problem with the engine since.

ditto what he said..

It wasn't necessary, but I replaced the stock exhaust valves when I replaced the stock intakes on my '02.

Might as well get all new stuff in there while you've got it apart.

I used Kibblewhite stuff, by the way.

I hammered the shit out of that bike after I got it all back together and the vavles never moved. When I sold the bike many hours later the valves still hadn't moved. Never even shimmed them .001".

Local shop told me exhaust valves were fine and just replace intake valves with kibblewhite kit.